Strength Training Workout for Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2018
I was curious if anyone would be able to recommend a personal trainer who is familiar with working with pitchers? I am interested in getting my daughter set up with a weight training program and also having her evaluated for any muscle imbalances. We are located in the St. Louis area. Thanks in advance!

Jul 18, 2021
I would like info on this as well. Any pitcher specific workouts anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2015
Courtney Hudson (IIRC - @coachataclick) has a program, but it may be dependent upon use of the power bands she also sells.

I think there's also a program that Wasserman put out with (or inspired by?) Tincher - High Level Pitching - it's not a separate workout - but included in the book.

Jul 14, 2018
DD has been going to a personal trainer all winter. She (the trainer) didn’t have any specific softball knowledge, but we discussed DD’s needs and she did some research on her own. As uncdrew said, focus on legs, core, and scaps. Balance is big too.

It’s paid off, DD has made gains in velo and spin. I think any reputable trainer who is willing to evaluate your goals and come up with a plan will suit your needs.

May 27, 2013
DD has been going to a personal trainer all winter. She (the trainer) didn’t have any specific softball knowledge, but we discussed DD’s needs and she did some research on her own. As uncdrew said, focus on legs, core, and scaps. Balance is big too.

It’s paid off, DD has made gains in velo and spin. I think any reputable trainer who is willing to evaluate your goals and come up with a plan will suit your needs.

One other thing I would add is to strengthen the shoulder stabilizers, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802