Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2020
Has anyone tried running GC and SidelineHD/iScore at the same time? It was thinking about toying with it during fall ball since I have the Sideline invite, but wanted to see if anyone else tried and figured it wasn’t worth all the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
I've used the Mevo Multicam app for a couple of games. It's definitely very cool and works rather well to provide multiple angles. However, with all of the stuff I'm doing (scoring, announcing, live-streaming) it just becomes too much to manage. There's a reason why broadcasters have multiple crews (Video, Announcers, Audio, Score/stat keepers etc..) :). I've reverted back to my single camera and that's good enough for now.

I'm with ya. I get zero help from other parents, so I'm doing Game Changer and live streaming and it's wearing me out.

Oct 4, 2018
I've toyed around with a few angles. My standard angle is off the umpire's left shoulder.

Other angles I've tried:
- Zoomed tight on the pitcher.
- Down the 1st base line about 10 feet past 1st base with the camera pointed back to 1st base.
- Dugout cam. The girls love this angle, but it can be distracting. When you switch to that camera, the girls see the red dot light up and they get goofy like any other teenage girl in front of a camera.
- My favorite is a low angle on the first base side about a 10-15ft up the base line, pointed right at the right hand batters box. You get can get the batters face as they set up in the box.

This is all cool until you start getting texted from parents at home saying all they can see is the pitcher because you forgot to change the angle back to the main camera! :)

Oh, the messages from people at home. *sigh*

Sep 19, 2020
Lake Worth, FL
Has anyone tried running GC and SidelineHD/iScore at the same time? It was thinking about toying with it during fall ball since I have the Sideline invite, but wanted to see if anyone else tried and figured it wasn’t worth all the hassle.

What are you trying to do? Why not just use either GC Team Manager or SidelineHD/iScore, and not both. I haven't used Sideline but I use Team Manager to score and stream via Mevo camera. Looks great and seems to be getting better.

Aug 21, 2020
What are you trying to do? Why not just use either GC Team Manager or SidelineHD/iScore, and not both. I haven't used Sideline but I use Team Manager to score and stream via Mevo camera. Looks great and seems to be getting better.

I streamed the last year with GC TM and Mevo+Boost and it was fine - but there was a pretty big subset of parents that didn’t use the app. Sideline goes live to Facebook and YouTube, and that would satisfy that group of watchers.

Running two RTMPs to connect to each service through the Mevo app is fine, but the logistics of running two scoring apps is a bit much. I might have to have my better half run one of them if we pilot both during fall ball.

Aug 17, 2019
I streamed the last year with GC TM and Mevo+Boost and it was fine - but there was a pretty big subset of parents that didn’t use the app. Sideline goes live to Facebook and YouTube, and that would satisfy that group of watchers.

Running two RTMPs to connect to each service through the Mevo app is fine, but the logistics of running two scoring apps is a bit much. I might have to have my better half run one of them if we pilot both during fall ball.

GC TM is free to watch live stream, you don't need a subscription so I don't know why you have to do 2 platforms. Our team did AGL and GC TM livestream because the college coaches wanted the former. We did the latter too because the parents didn't want to pay the pricey AGL subscription.

Aug 21, 2020
GC TM is free to watch live stream, you don't need a subscription so I don't know why you have to do 2 platforms. Our team did AGL and GC TM livestream because the college coaches wanted the former. We did the latter too because the parents didn't want to pay the pricey AGL subscription.

It’s not so much the price, but the lack of smartphones for the older grandparents and app knowledge for others. For them they need a desktop way to watch the game.I had to upload to YouTube at first then I did use the Vimeo multi-subscription service, but if sideline is free I’ll give it a whirl. Of course if coach says we go to AGL - we go to AGL.

I did see that SidelineHD implemented a basic scoring system, SidelineScore, for just this situation of people that want to use two systems at the same time.

Aug 17, 2019
It’s not so much the price, but the lack of smartphones for the older grandparents and app knowledge for others. For them they need a desktop way to watch the game.I had to upload to YouTube at first then I did use the Vimeo multi-subscription service, but if sideline is free I’ll give it a whirl. Of course if coach says we go to AGL - we go to AGL.

I did see that SidelineHD implemented a basic scoring system, SidelineScore, for just this situation of people that want to use two systems at the same time.

One big flaw with GC TM is that they got rid of the web interface although they promise they are working on it.

Jul 14, 2018
I streamed the last year with GC TM and Mevo+Boost and it was fine…

I’m thinking about using the Mevo to stream to Team Manager for our upcoming season. I used to stream to rtmp on YouTube and record to the card simultaneously. However, if the rtmp dropped during the game, the Mevo would stop recording to the card. Did you try/see this happening with Team Manager?

Also, did the clips GM saved retain the score box overlay?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28