Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2016
128 is fine. I'd also suggest multiple cards. You'll inevitably forget a card at home, forget to format a card (with last weekend's games) before the start of a long tournament and only remember when you get notified that you're low on space. By that time, it's too late and you can't format because you have games from this weekend's tournament already stored on the card.

Mar 30, 2021
Anyone else trying the new GC/TM livestream of mevo? I tried it a couple of times this weekend and it seems very unstable. I was disconnected 4 times in the first inning of a game and gave up and went to my seasoncast account for the rest of the weekend with no issues. All the same gear so not a connection problem.

Aug 21, 2020
Anyone else trying the new GC/TM livestream of mevo? I tried it a couple of times this weekend and it seems very unstable. I was disconnected 4 times in the first inning of a game and gave up and went to my seasoncast account for the rest of the weekend with no issues. All the same gear so not a connection problem.

Late reply to this, but I was having the same issue for a while. After talking to GC and some experimentation, I’ve gotten the last 6 games without a drop. Some pauses, but that’s because the the signal was terrible at one field.

For iPhone 11 make the following setting changes:

Do not disturb: On, silence always, accept no calls from anyone, no repeat callers

Display: auto lock, never

Since then not a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 23, 2015
Can you use Mevo plus now on TM?!

Dec 19, 2019
Concord, CA
Question: has anyone managed to use RTMP
Streaming with Verizon 4G LTE alone on the iPhone, not in hotspot mode? I believe Verizon blocks rtmp AND rtsp. I am on their legacy data plan and can’t stream to YouTube Studio via rtmp, but can do it when connected to WiFi.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Question: has anyone managed to use RTMP
Streaming with Verizon 4G LTE alone on the iPhone, not in hotspot mode? I believe Verizon blocks rtmp AND rtsp. I am on their legacy data plan and can’t stream to YouTube Studio via rtmp, but can do it when connected to WiFi.

We have used RTMP to YouTube and have Verizon. But it is an unlimited plan an use hotspot to do so.

Dec 19, 2019
Concord, CA
I’m going a bit off topic, but the data you get on the hotspot is limited, right? Phone itself has “unlimited” (throttled after 75GB vs legacy true unlimited), but how much included hotspot data do you get?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I’m going a bit off topic, but the data you get on the hotspot is limited, right? Phone itself has “unlimited” (throttled after 75GB vs legacy true unlimited), but how much included hotspot data do you get?

Our Verizon plans have 20GB of hotspot data. We have a few phones on our plan and we rotate as needed if we need to spread the data out. That being said, most of the time we stream with a Smartphone (which doesn't then require hotspot) and record with a second device (usually a GoPro). For smartphone streaming, we have been playing off and on with a program called Larix Broadcaster (recommended by @misty earlier this year). It detects the wide angle lens on the iPhones but not our Google phones...still playing with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee