Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Does the game continue to record to the memory card? Or is the camera loosing connection to the iPhone?
Should continue to record to the SD card, even if the app drops. Are you keeping the app in the foreground? We are android folks, but I think the iPhone requires it be left in the foreground.

Jul 14, 2018
Mevo and iPhone connect to hotspot.

Are you actually connecting both to the hotspot? Mevo should connect to phone, phone to the hotspot. It could be that you are doubling your data usage unnecessarily. I connect my Mevo to an active phone, not sure if what you’re doing is required when using a hotspot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2015
Been watching a lot of mevo streamed games lately and noticing that they are pretty glitchy. What is the recommended bandwidth for mevo, 5G?
Its not so much about the bandwidth as it is signal strength. At our home field we stream well no problems. At some away games we don't have enough cell phone signal to even start. Never tried with a hot spot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Been watching a lot of mevo streamed games lately and noticing that they are pretty glitchy. What is the recommended bandwidth for mevo, 5G?

With my hotspot, a good 4g signal is ample bandwidth to stream 720p with no glitching. So, High School games in and around Metro Atlanta were no problem. Head out to the boonies for a Travel Ball tournament, and it was a bit hit or miss. But the good thing about the Mevo, is it's recording to the memory card, so even if the stream is glitchy, the recording is not affected. That is a frustration with Athletes go Live, if the stream drops, you lose that part of the recording. We have resorted to recording AGL streamed games with a go pro, and not relying on footage from AGL. (2 DDs, on different teams, one team streams to AGL, the other does not use AGL).

One of the reasons I picked the Inseego hotspot, is that it supports external antennae. When the signal is poor, I will plug in two paddle antennae to boost the bandwidth. I also use the internet speedtest app, to help find the best direction to face the hotspot with the antennae attached. To stream in 720p, you want at least a steady 2 Mbps upload to avoid glitching.

Maybe it's my phone, but I found that when using it as a hotspot, it just didn't provide enough upload speed to stream without major hitching, even with a "good" signal. The hotspot, from the same locations, provided much smoother streaming.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018
Just got a Mevo plus and the one thing I haven't been able to find out is how big of a SD card do you need? TIA

Nov 21, 2017
Just got a Mevo plus and the one thing I haven't been able to find out is how big of a SD card do you need? TIA
They use microSD. Most games usually take up 4-5GB. I would say you will go with a minimum 64GB. But I use a 400GB micro SD. Have over 25 games with room for lots more.

Apr 20, 2015
We use a 128 and have never had to change it for a weekend tournament. Always carry 2 just in case but its been fine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee