Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
One other option that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is SidelineHD. This had been a beta program by a private party that integrated the GC data into a live stream from nearly any RTMP device. When GC started rolling out their own platform, it forced Sideline's switch to iScore. You can find more on that option here:
This option also allows for Pocket Radar overlays.

Jul 14, 2018
One other option that hasn't been mentioned in this thread is SidelineHD. This had been a beta program by a private party that integrated the GC data into a live stream from nearly any RTMP device.

From what I can tell, you have to use RTMP to stream to the SidelineHD channel. The hundreds of videos they have are all bunched together on their YouTube channel, so not too sure how helpful that is.

Going back to my original question, is the Mevo app any more dependable than LIVE4? My biggest problem with LIVE4 is the way it keeps dropping out during a stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
From what I can tell, you have to use RTMP to stream to the SidelineHD channel. The hundreds of videos they have are all bunched together on their YouTube channel, so not too sure how helpful that is.

Going back to my original question, is the Mevo app any more dependable than LIVE4? My biggest problem with LIVE4 is the way it keeps dropping out during a stream.

Really have not used the LIVE4 app in a very long time. Didn't much care for the process then. Use the Mevo Plus quite a bit and its related app. I find it to be a good experience for pure 1080p streaming.

Jun 30, 2020
AGL has said they are working to make the service compatible with the Mevo. No timeline on that though and they have bigger priorities.

I typically stream using my phone(s) and record with a GoPro. Really good quality with an iPhone and you don’t have to deal with the issues of trying to connect a device to a hotspot. The GoPro honestly sucks for streaming IMO.

Jul 14, 2018
*Update

I decided to keep the Mevo, and used it for the first time this weekend. It worked great, very happy with the Mevo software and easily streamed to YouTube using RTMP.

I hung it on my LinkSpyder with a small rig super clamp and magic arm. The height of the Mevo goes right to the top of the LS, but the magic arm let me adjust it perfectly to get the lens in the center of a fence opening, with enough articulation to get first and third base in the frame.

Very happy I decided to give the Mevo a chance, and I’m now a very popular person with the team’s extended families. Now if we can just get a working live scoreboard...

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
*Update

I decided to keep the Mevo, and used it for the first time this weekend. It worked great, very happy with the Mevo software and easily streamed to YouTube using RTMP.

I hung it on my LinkSpyder with a small rig super clamp and magic arm. The height of the Mevo goes right to the top of the LS, but the magic arm let me adjust it perfectly to get the lens in the center of a fence opening, with enough articulation to get first and third base in the frame.

Very happy I decided to give the Mevo a chance, and I’m now a very popular person with the team’s extended families. Now if we can just get a working live scoreboard...

Got a picture? I'm curious why it is so tall. Plus or Start...and if Plus, with the Boost?

Jul 14, 2018
Got a picture? I'm curious why it is so tall. Plus or Start...and if Plus, with the Boost?

It’s tight, but it works. I like having the arm on there because it lets me get the angle just right. I use the clamp because the arm was a little shaky just by itself.

445268cacde7b287a94042d712582f2e.jpg

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
It’s tight, but it works. I like having the arm on there because it lets me get the angle just right. I use the clamp because the arm was a little shaky just by itself.

445268cacde7b287a94042d712582f2e.jpg

Have you tried the Magic Arm? Less weight and more room to work with.
MS.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28