Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Have you tried the Magic Arm? Less weight and more room to work with.

I have one, sometimes I just use that with the clamp when the chain link is all bent out of shape and I can’t get the Spyder to sit right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2021
What’s the best way to connect to WiFi? I just used the Mevo Start for the first time and connected it to my cellphone data. I had to sit very very close to the Mevo for it to keep the connection, though.

May 16, 2016
What’s the best way to connect to WiFi? I just used the Mevo Start for the first time and connected it to my cellphone data. I had to sit very very close to the Mevo for it to keep the connection, though.

For streaming, I use a dedicated hot-spot device (INSEEGO MIFI 8000), and I just leave it close to the camera. I've also started using a Samsung tablet to run the Mevo app, which frees up my phone.

I got a deal on my carrier, Sprint (now T-mobile), to add the hot-spot with 50GB of high speed data for $50/month.

Apr 30, 2021
For streaming, I use a dedicated hot-spot device (INSEEGO MIFI 8000), and I just leave it close to the camera. I've also started using a Samsung tablet to run the Mevo app, which frees up my phone.

I got a deal on my carrier, Sprint (now T-mobile), to add the hot-spot with 50GB of high speed data for $50/month.
Thank you for the info! Approx how many games do you stream per month with the hot-spot you have?

May 16, 2016
Thank you for the info! Approx how many games do you stream per month with the hot-spot you have?

During our HS season (Georgia plays in the fall) I streamed 27 of our 30 regular season games. Streaming at 720p, each HS game would consume about 3 GB of high speed data on average. Full 7 inning games lasted about 2 hours on average. These were spread out over a two month season. So, the 50 GB/month proved to be just barely enough, and I never hit the High Speed data limit.

Apr 30, 2021
T
During our HS season (Georgia plays in the fall) I streamed 27 of our 30 regular season games. Streaming at 720p, each HS game would consume about 3 GB of high speed data on average. Full 7 inning games lasted about 2 hours on average. These were spread out over a two month season. So, the 50 GB/month proved to be just barely enough, and I never hit the High Speed data limit.
This is great info. Thank you very much!

Mar 28, 2014
Streaming with Mevo - how far away from the Mevo can you get with your phone without losing connection? I can't seem to be able to go more than 10 feet away without losing connection. Seems really short and causes me to have to have my phone in the pouch by the Mevo for the entire game.

Apr 20, 2015
I am able to get much further than that. I can stream from across the gym during bball season. In softball its usually behind the plate and I'm in thr bleachers to the right or left

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Streaming with Mevo - how far away from the Mevo can you get with your phone without losing connection? I can't seem to be able to go more than 10 feet away without losing connection. Seems really short and causes me to have to have my phone in the pouch by the Mevo for the entire game.

Outdoors I have had similar range, more than 15 feet, and you get random disconnects. Using a dedicated Hot Spot and a non cellular tablet (or an old phone would also work), frees my phone, and I can move freely, and just keep an eye on the electronics from a distance.

I am using a Mevo Plus. The newer Start may have greater range.

Jul 23, 2015
So, I’m continuing to have problems with Mevo Plus. I have a dedicated hot spot (Verizon mifi), external battery pack, and an old iPhone. Mevo and iPhone connect to hotspot. All items stay together in a pouch hanging from a LynkSpyder.

The Mevo can’t make it through a full 12u game. Connection always drops 20-50 minutes in. I’m the coach, so I have no idea the fees is down or why it’s down. Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279