Starting 2nd Team for Out of State Play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2019
Our current organization won't allow the team to play outside of the county and no tournaments at all. Would it be possible to form a 2nd team team with the current roster, unaffiliated with the organization, in another county or state for fall ball?

Aug 25, 2019
I would say it would be very possible to do that, although your organization probably wouldn't like that and most likely wouldn't let your team back into the org. My DD's 16U team is a stand alone team, no organization, it's great just for that reason, we play where and when we want, no B.S. fundraisers, not beholden to the nonsense that an organization can produce. It may not be for everyone, but all our players and parents love it, and they definitely are a good team.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I second what Flash227 said. You can do it, but the organization will probably not want you to continue under their banner. Which means new uniforms, no use of fields they've contracted for (if that applies) and no financial support from them. So I suppose it really depends on how much the organization itself does for you and how much you depend on it.

Apr 1, 2017
A team by us did that for the summer. They were affiliated with a local park district, and the district shutdown everything for summer. So the team "rebranded" in order to be able to practice/play. The had no "home" field, so all friendlies were road games, plus the tournaments they played. I haven't heard if they are going back to the org and/or being allowed back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478