Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
There were some pretty solid teams playing there this weekend, imo. Do you feel like you guys saw better pitching this weekend as a whole than you have for most of the season?
It was better over all consistency wise. They were not over powering or anything though.

Oct 2, 2017
Couple of swings from over the weekend. Both hits were line drives for a single. Not the greatest mechanically.

Thinking of using Francisco as a somewhat check point blue print. As DD is similar in some ways. Not exact by no means.

Feb 14, 2019
Couple of swings from over the weekend. Both hits were line drives for a single. Not the greatest mechanically.

Thinking of using Francisco as a somewhat check point blue print. As DD is similar in some ways. Not exact by no means.

Hard to tell from how quickly the video cuts off, but it kind of looks like she's stopping her swing at contact.

Oct 2, 2017
Thought this observation I had with my DD might help some of your players/DD. It might be a obvious thing to some, but I thought it would help.

Stance setup can play a big part in how your players get in sequence IMO. Stance setup below may seem subtle, but there is a big enough difference to effect sequence (Granted 1 is a tee swing, the other toss). The one on the left the rear leg/hip is not stabilized but has to get stabilized 1st in sequence. The one on the right, the rear leg/hip is already stabilized for her to work against. if that makes sense. Plus it effects the way the upper half works as well. IMO She tends to have very improved sequence by pre-stabilizing the rear leg/hip
stance 1.JPGstance 2.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802