Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Looked like a great hit for sure. Love long QABs. My youngest dd had a 13 pitch ab that ended in a K but was incredible, had everyone buzzing.

Did the 2nd beat the OF? Looked like she really got into it! She should be proud, that's a lot of work behind it. She looks strong and confident.
No the 2nd didnt beat the OF.

Oct 2, 2017
Looked like a great hit for sure. Love long QABs. My youngest dd had a 13 pitch ab that ended in a K but was incredible, had everyone buzzing.

Did the 2nd beat the OF? Looked like she really got into it! She should be proud, that's a lot of work behind it. She looks strong and confident.
That's awesome with your DD. Nail biters for sure 😃

Oct 2, 2017
Working small things here and there hopefully that will start carrying over into live swings more. For ex. The biggest thing at the moment a more load/prepare to twitch mentality and delivering the barrel quicker (Palm up as quick as possible/active hands). Better hand/knob path. Also not pushing off the back foot as much. Still a long way to go.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don’t see the hands TTB as urgently as one should. The hands work late trying to turn the barrel into contact. Needs to apply force into the handle immediately and not applying force into the ball at contact.

Oct 2, 2017
I don’t see the hands TTB as urgently as one should. The hands work late trying to turn the barrel into contact. Needs to apply force into the handle immediately and not applying force into the ball at contact.
Agreed, I think she is late in being active with her hands TTB as well. But that's why I'm working with her on it. It's something that she has not spent much time on. So its a strong habit of dead hands.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yes watching the last swings in real time there is a issue with trying to hit it out front, the hands work late and they increase in the effort level can be seen at contact and into the follow through.

There’s a time for everything. In the future I would include driving the ball to right off a tee while focusing on TTB. Like this,

Learn how to swing out from, instead of out front. Quickness, muscle twitch fast. She then lets out some extension as part of some adjusting. The bat is up to speed early, the rest just happens.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Yes watching the last swings in real time there is a issue with trying to hit it out front, the hands work late and they increase in the effort level can be seen at contact and into the follow through.

There’s a time for everything. In the future I would include driving the ball to right off a tee while focusing on TTB. Like this,

Learn how to swing out from, instead of out front. Quickness, muscle twitch fast. She then lets out some extension as part of some adjusting. The bat is up to speed early, the rest just happens.

Thanks for the response. One of the biggest issues, is the desire to want to shift to the ball. Said another way, she wants to go beyond her hitting zone to hit instead of letting the ball come into her zone. So that's a main area of learning right now. Along with the hands. She is pretty good on side toss and tee. Until you start getting farther out.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for the response. One of the biggest issues, is the desire to want to shift to the ball. Said another way, she wants to go beyond her hitting zone to hit instead of letting the ball come into her zone. So that's a main area of learning right now. Along with the hands. She is pretty good on side toss and tee. Until you start getting farther out.

If I am reading this correctly she is not shifting to her position of leverage for the zone she's looking to cover ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802