Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
In BP, our CU are not going to be great :ROFLMAO: , so in reality if they are doing things properly they should be crushing them for the most part. Obviously in a game not always the case.
The kids who don’t stay balanced at foot strike have trouble adjusting to the changeup even if you tell them it’s coming right before release (which is how I introduce the changeup to kids).

Jun 8, 2016
I also agree with @Work=wins with regards to concentrating on throwing pitches on the outer half during BP. Whether or not you agree with his reasoning, the fact of the matter is as they move up in level that is where pitchers are going to try and live for the most part anyway.. 🤷‍♂️

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Get the foot down early isn’t what folks think. You definitely don’t couple it w start slow and early. That’s cue alone is death. You get swinging the foot down early or leaks everywhere. If you load as late as possible you really have no choice but to get your foot down early. Which will be right on time. It’s not that hard. It’s called backing the ball up and getting to the spot in balance

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
In BP, our CU are not going to be great :ROFLMAO: , so in reality if they are doing things properly they should be crushing them for the most part. Obviously in a game not always the case.
Yes, and if one moves correctly and lets the frontal plane movement be the result its not difficult.

Oct 2, 2017
I also agree with @Work=wins with regards to concentrating on throwing pitches on the outer half during BP. Whether or not you agree with his reasoning, the fact of the matter is as they move up in level that is where pitchers are going to try and live for the most part anyway.. 🤷‍♂️
Usually I try and cycle through locations.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Well you don't have a choice unless you want to get blown up by a fastball..but some kids are slow learners.. 🤷‍♂️

There could be a learning curve. It’s all just getting things into a tighter window. Lessen time to get things shorter. And pretty much insure a balanced position when at contact.

Edit: but as long as we’re teaching oppo swings physically it will be tough to incorporate. Or limiting

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Do you see the belt buckle turn back slightly first? Then the body moves forward? That’s coil. But not until the hips advance against

You want the hips/core to move forward. Griffey and Nomar are pre set like most. You can see Nomar’s name, his feet are staggered, front foot open. Hips closed. They just need to stretch it.

That swing of Nomar I jumped up on that one to record that swing. It was one of wow swings. The pitcher went to the same spot twice, back to back because he swung and missed on the first one. That ball was a shot to the upper decks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12