Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
Guys/Gals without going into too much detail. I just want to say DD has officially hung up her cleats. Maybe she'll pick them up at a later date, you never know. You hear in the softball scene and sports in general that this time comes for everyone. Well I can tell you that it comes quicker than you and or them realize whether it be in their early ages or later. If you have a DD playing, soak it all in and enjoy it! Thank you for all the help you guys have given in helping me, help her be a better player.
Good luck! I suspect we will hear from you again. Enjoy the time off with your daughter.

Jan 22, 2011
My DD took a break after 1st year 12u and another after 1st year 14u. Give her space, and maybe she'll miss it after a break. My DD took fall 2019 off, so didn't play a game for just over 13 months due to Covid and an injury the last 2 weeks of Feb and first 2 weeks of March 2020.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
My DD took a break after 1st year 12u and another after 1st year 14u. Give her space, and maybe she'll miss it after a break. My DD took fall 2019 off, so didn't play a game for just 13 months due to Covid and an injury the last 2 weeks of Feb and first 2 weeks of March 2020.
Maybe. Only time will tell. as a parent I would be lying if I said I'm not a bit bummed. I know it's all about the player and not the parent, but when it's softball every weekend and practices in between it becomes a family affair. Heck her little sister practically grew up at the field 😂. But in the end I really want her to be happy, In what ever she persues.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Maybe. Only time will tell. as a parent I would be lying if I said I'm not a bit bummed. I know it's all about the player and not the parent, but when it's softball every weekend and practices in between it becomes a family affair. Heck her little sister practically grew up at the field 😂. But in the end I really want her to be happy, In what ever she persues.
Whenever I see a girl where the pressure is affecting them I always remind them we are suppose to be having fun. I say it a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2