Sprained ankle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2019
My DD sprained her same ankle last year, she wanted to pitch after 3 weeks and the pt cleared her. She pitched the whole game , but she probably should have waited another week, even though she pitched great. It probably set her back a week, she wasn’t able to get back to it till about 5 weeks after her initial injury.

Bottom line, listen to her pt, if she’s not going to one she should it will help her recovery and get the ankle string again.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
We just went through this two weeks ago with my 10yo but it was for her stride foot. Went to our orthopedic clinic and got xrays (thankfully were negative) but based on tenderness he could tell she strained some tendons on the inside of her foot. He gave her a brace that has helped some (plus we have to ice it once a day) but its still pretty tender if she strides way out. I did mention that it tends to flare up every other month or so (typically while playing first) and mentioned to me that the issue is never having enough rest to actually let it completely heal so if its an ongoing issue, rest may have to happen.

This is the brace we were given:
Amazon product ASIN B00TZTO0I0

Jan 28, 2017
DD sprained her other ankle walking. I was able to see the head athletic trainer to see what to do about braces (working on special braces). She is what he called global laxity (everything has more movement than normal). She was the kid that had the purple hand and found out her clavicle was out of place (Long story). He now feels that this could have been a lot of her issues and no one caught it. The vascular doctors would always say with her range of motion we should be able to move things and get it off of the nerves but it didn't work until seeing the chiropractor. Crazy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee