Sport-glove.com - has to be a scam right?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 3, 2023
Howdy all,

I have been shopping for a new catchers mitt for my daughter. She wants to move up from her 32" mitt to a 34" (or maybe 33"). Been searching for a used mitt to reduce the break-in time.

Anyway, my searching had me stumble across sport-glove.com. Anyone have any dealings with this site? It shows Wilson A2000's for under $100. My scam detector has gone into overdrive as this is too good to be true, but trying to do some due-diligence as well.

Thanks for any feedback you have.

Nov 18, 2015
I haven't clicked on the link - but yes - assume it's a scam. You may be able to order something, but I've heard of things like "I ordered a glove and got a pair of sunglasses."

I was looking for a DW5 and came across a similar site - they supposedly had it, and it was for less than $150. I also got pretty excited until I realized they had multiple "too good to be true" deals on the site.

My "this-counts-for-nothing" interpretation - it's an odd name (possibly b/c sports-glove.com is a legit website? [guessing - haven't tried it]), and "most trusted online resource for high quality" is suspicious in and of itself, as I'm sure nobody on this board has heard of them.

I would guess if you copied a portion of the product description and did a google search on the phrase, you'd probably find the site they stole the description and any images from - but with a more realistic price attached to it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ifs it too good, it is. There are sites like these for bats too. People buy this stuff because OMG, its so cheap...then they
get ripped off. They prey on people that cant help themselves but try.

I always tell people, just look at the sites...way its written. Big thing for me is the contact...if there is NO phone number,
NOPE, stay away. That means when you have an issue, you cant call anybody.

Another big thing is, manufacturers tell you what to advertise items at if they are new...places like these kind of places
would be out of business because manufacturers have map pricing

May 29, 2015
My "this-counts-for-nothing" interpretation - it's an odd name (possibly b/c sports-glove.com is a legit website? [guessing - haven't tried it]), and "most trusted online resource for high quality" is suspicious in and of itself, as I'm sure nobody on this board has heard of them.

Not sure if this is a current rash or if just happens to be the second one I have heard of in the last few days ...

Stealing a reputable company's name or website and changing it ever so slightly is nothing new. Could be a slight name change like the one you mention, or changing a ".com" to a ".shop." The other one I was hearing about was stealing credit card numbers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101