Spin Control on Wilson A2000 gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2019
legit feature or semi gimmicky? pic for example reference
525e-09-21-wilson-a2000-sierra-romero-spin-control-sr32-12--fastpitch-softball-glove--wbw10043412-34694-1_l.jpg

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'd say semi-gimmicky. Even Wilson claims it reduces spin by 5%, which isn't that much, but it definitely does work.

Now, the major issue is the glove must be cleaned a lot or the dimples become useless. AZ Glove Lab just did a video on cleaning one.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019
I'd say semi-gimmicky. Even Wilson claims it reduces spin by 5%, which isn't that much, but it definitely does work.

Now, the major issue is the glove must be cleaned a lot of the dimples become useless. AZ Glove Lab just did a video on cleaning one.
I didn't think about the cleaning/dirt/mud aspect of the dimples. Solid point.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Gimmick, but the glove is very nice. The dimples do not hurt anything that's for sure. Reminds me of my old SSK in HS with the dimpled pocket!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I didn't think about the cleaning/dirt/mud aspect of the dimples. Solid point.
DD is on her second dimpled catchers mitt.. None of the dimples ever got plugged, so depending on your weather, it might not be a concern. I maintain her gloves but gunk accumulation is not what I've observed.

Mar 8, 2021
DD is on her second dimpled catchers mitt.. None of the dimples ever got plugged, so depending on your weather, it might not be a concern. I maintain her gloves but gunk accumulation is not what I've observed.
X2 second catchers mitt, no plugging of dimples. High wear areas in the pocket seem to become smooth when glove is near end of life.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00