Speed for So Cal Seth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2020
Also, it's critical to have your girls try to reach full running stride in 3 steps and max speed around 40 to 50 ft for softball. People have always equated long strides to being faster when in reality long strides are slow. The object is to prolong your time in the air with high knees and a powerful ground pound. Air has less resistance ground is friction.

Dorsiflexion critical for that ground pound. I'll go over that in detail

Sorry for the ramble . I love this stuff!

Jun 26, 2020
Very late but better than never. Work work work

Ok I found a perfect instructional video featuring John Smith who is a track legend. I had 2 track mentors growing up. One was John the other Edwin Moses

This woman is a thing of beauty! Pay very close attention to her hips. They're very quiet and forward facing. Also look at her arm pump. I don't know who she is, but she looks explosive. This video is for A and B skips. It also shows proper dorsiflex

Jun 26, 2020
C skips. Let's start with the terrible first. I can't believe people follow and train based on this garbage. Watch his hips blow out. He's bad.

This guy is great and gives simple explanations. Notice at 1:25 when he's in cadence his hips don't blow out.

Jun 26, 2020
This is great
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Running is a critical part of all athletics, but it's never taught. I work hard on it with my girls. Everyone says wow they're soooo fast. I always offer parents to come over and train with us. Few do. Cell phones are easier than running practice

Jun 26, 2020
I just found this video. John's had music so you couldn't hear the foot clawing on the B skips. Listen to her feet. Also pay attention when she talks about negative and positive foot strikes. She's excellent.

Jan 24, 2022
Speed or velocity tracking also determines your pitching strength. Thus, using a radar gun is like hitting two birds with one stone.
Make sure only to use an accurate radar gun. Speed and distance readings should guide you in spotting areas in your throwing performance that need improvement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28