Sparkler review $$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2017
My dd’s team finished in a tie for 5th of the 14u power pool. Saw some coaches but not as many as I expected. Especially for the competition we were playing against and around. The fields we played on were beautiful.

Dd was able to plays against some really good competition and had some awesome moments. Dd is a catcher that was tested each and every game. She had a hr in the bottom of the 6th to tie one game that sparked a comeback win and a walk off, 2 run single single to win another game. Got knocked out by the eventual winner that she has been playing against since 10u.

We were on the road for quite a while. Played in the glory shoot out, top club and then the sparkler. Her team had awesome showings at all 3 and they are learning how to play at the highest level against some of the best.

Is it all worth the money? Who really knows. I feel that the experiences are going to prove to be invaluable as she continues her softball journey. She’s a 2026 so she still has time.

Jan 22, 2011
Barnes Complex fields was like playing on a parking lot with potholes..

Barnes's Complex was in Loveland, right? I was there Sunday morning to watch the younger 14u team in my DD's org play because the C2 will be playing with my DD in HS next spring. My DD is excited because my DD will be the only other experienced catcher on the team, but my DD doesn't want to be the C1.

They won the semi-finals in the bottom of the 8th against a team from Texas. Athletics Mercado? I had to drive the almost 90 minutes back to my hotel to pack, so couldn't stay for the finals. They ran out of gas and lost 5-1 to come in second in the Supplemental(?) pool.

I knew there three big tournaments in Colorado around July 4th, but no idea it was over 1100 teams. Was fun watching a teammate of my DD's she has played with for 4 years hit 3 homers. The coach from a college 23 miles west of where I grew up came to watch one of her games and she had a nice defensive play while the coach was there.

Foul balls definitely travel far at a mile high. Unfortunately, a teammate suffered a concussion 5 minutes before our last game from a foul ball as the team was putting stuff in their equipment bags.

I got to watch 2 innings and an at bat of a very good 2025 catcher who moved to Oregon three years ago. Great family and I miss them.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Barnes's Complex was in Loveland, right? I was there Sunday morning to watch the younger 14u team in my DD's org play because the C2 will be playing with my DD in HS next spring. My DD is excited because my DD will be the only other experienced catcher on the team, but my DD doesn't want to be the C1.

They won the semi-finals in the bottom of the 8th against a team from Texas. Athletics Mercado? I had to drive the almost 90 minutes back to my hotel to pack, so couldn't stay for the finals. They ran out of gas and lost 5-1 to come in second in the Supplemental(?) pool.

I knew there three big tournaments in Colorado around July 4th, but no idea it was over 1100 teams. Was fun watching a teammate of my DD's she has played with for 4 years hit 3 homers. The coach from a college 23 miles west of where I grew up came to watch one of her games and she had a nice defensive play while the coach was there.

Foul balls definitely travel far at a mile high. Unfortunately, a teammate suffered a concussion 5 minutes before our last game from a foul ball as the team was putting stuff in their equipment bags.

I got to watch 2 innings and an at bat of a very good 2025 catcher who moved to Oregon three years ago. Great family and I miss them.
Yes, Barnes was in Loveland. The only team from TX in the semis was Impact Gold Mendoza.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Our team played the IDT 16s and placed 3rd. I love the tournament, lots of coaches but the facilities this year were for sure 2nd rate. Garden Acres is nice but there were no concessions. Centennial park was awful 2 stalls for the womens bathroom, a porta potty that hasn’t been changed in forever full of shirt and crack pipes and syringes, and no concessions, stazio fields for the semis had crazy weird dips in the infield and then you had to run up a big hill into the outfield and back down. From home plate our outfielders looked about a foot lower and again no concessions but decent rest rooms. Umpires were pretty good all week. Competition was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those humps at the edge of the infield is so bizarre. If you looking at the left fielder, you can only see from their knees to their heads if you are sitting down. I think it has something to do with dragging the field and never smoothing out those humps over the years.

As far as concessions, I don't think I spent a single dime over the years.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My daughter’s team played in the Kennedy division, the lowest division. They had a lot of fun, played some really good ball and some not great ball. Some of the girls did some camps and felt they did well. For what it’s worth we saw a few coaches every day. I’m sure there were others we didn’t take note of. Overall it was a really good experience for the players and families, both from a ball experience and social experience.
DD's Freshman year, her team was a late sign up and ended up playing in the Kennedy division too. Got to play a team from Alaska. They also played on the Columbine HS field, which felt weird. I remember talking to lots of coaches. Even Dot Richardson from Liberty came to watch one of our games. Very nice lady.

Jun 8, 2016
Before softball we used to spend 5 to 7k every summer to visit the in-laws in HI for a few weeks…I don’t mind my in-laws but I would rather spend that money on ball 🤷🏽‍♂️

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Money is much better spent on CAMPS. We had a decent run. Made it to Sunday. CO is beautiful and the people in Fort Collins area are super nice. Went to golf course thinking I might rent clubs and hit some balls. A young gentleman supplied me with clubs and a shagbag full of ball for free. Didn't even ask for my ID. I was thinking I am a long way from home.
Question:
Why do all the BBQ places advertise "the best Texas BBQ"? Why not the BEST CO BBQ?

Jun 8, 2016
Money is much better spent on CAMPS. We had a decent run. Made it to Sunday. CO is beautiful and the people in Fort Collins area are super nice. Went to golf course thinking I might rent clubs and hit some balls. A young gentleman supplied me with clubs and a shagbag full of ball for free. Didn't even ask for my ID. I was thinking I am a long way from home.
Question:
Why do all the BBQ places advertise "the best Texas BBQ"? Why not the BEST CO BBQ?
Texas BBQ is a style of BBQ 😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802