Sore legs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
DD, 12 (will be 13 in Sept) has been complaining that her leg muscles (quads,hamstrings) are sore after tournaments for the past few months. Now she is starting to get leg muscles, rather than walking around on sticks, but to me it is strange since she is a MI. I never experienced this playing but then again I didn't play 4 games in a single day or 10 games over 2 or 3 days. I suspect her nutrition is off, and have been harping on her that now that is getting older she needs to make sure her protein intake is high enough, but I am just wondering if any (non-catcher) parents have run into this before???

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Being a bit sore after a tournament with 2-3 days of max effort isn't unusual. Yeah, good hydration and some decent food intake can help. I personally found that 800mg motrin tabs help even more, until it wears off!

Feb 14, 2019
DD, 12 (will be 13 in Sept) has been complaining that her leg muscles (quads,hamstrings) are sore after tournaments for the past few months. Now she is starting to get leg muscles, rather than walking around on sticks, but to me it is strange since she is a MI. I never experienced this playing but then again I didn't play 4 games in a single day or 10 games over 2 or 3 days. I suspect her nutrition is off, and have been harping on her that now that is getting older she needs to make sure her protein intake is high enough, but I am just wondering if any (non-catcher) parents have run into this before???
What does her warm up/stretching routine look like? Might be something needs tweaking there.

Jun 8, 2016
What does her warm up/stretching routine look like? Might be something needs tweaking there.
Good question. I know they do something but I can honestly say I haven't ever seen the warmup. I usually drop her off and then go hide somewhere..The routine may be fine, but her effort undertaking it may not be :cautious:

Jun 8, 2016
Being a bit sore after a tournament with 2-3 days of max effort isn't unusual. Yeah, good hydration and some decent food intake can help. I personally found that 800mg motrin tabs help even more, until it wears off!
Ok. I was just using my experience, where the only thing that would be sore would be my arm but the most we would play would be 7 inning doubleheaders.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
If her teams warmup is anything like most TB teams I see…. its not a proper warm up. It’s not uncommon for my DD to complain of her legs being sore after a full weekend of games. Mostly I see a couple sets of various down and backs. No stretching (which blows my mind). And off into throwing drills and so forth.

She hydrates well but getting her to stretch properly is like pulling teeth. Though she will use a foam roller and says that helps a lot.

I bought Theragun mini for me after hockey games. But to no surprise it goes missing after softball tournaments…..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802