Sometimes my DD is exasperating.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
See ball, hit ball! Perfect attitude. I'll take a whole team of players like that. Go out there and do what you do. Better than when they put the entire game on their shoulders and psych themselves out.
Just being in the present with the task at hand. Put barrel on ball. No past, no future thoughts. Just Being There. Great Movie by the way.

Jan 25, 2022
This is me with softball. I always tell DD, "look I'm learning the sh*t right along with you, so if I tell you something you don't think is right, you gotta let me know. Cuz there's a good chance I'm wrong."........actually I could apply that statement to most situations.

Yesterday at pitching practice, HC's SS daughter who is reluctantly learning to pitch said "I don't even know what I'm doin! How am I supposed to pitch if I don't know how to pitch!"

I said "look at me. I'm a coach and I don't know anything about coaching. I just ask your dad what to do, right in front of the team!"

Jul 14, 2018
…if I tell you something you don't think is right, you gotta let me know. Cuz there's a good chance I'm wrong."

This happens more and more for me lately. We’ll be discussing situations in a car ride, I’ll say something and she’ll hit me with the “Yeah, but…” She’s usually right, always a proud papa moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2, 2013
I don’t have recent video, but here’s a photo. You get the idea of what I’m dealing with:

This picture reminds me of a story about my DD that may very well make you feel better about yours.

A couple of years ago she was out with friends. She came home at curfew like she always does but very quietly knocked on our bedroom door and said she had to tell us something. I started to freak out and assumed the worst. She went on to tell us that she thought she sprained her ankle and it was already swollen. Of course I asked how she managed to do that. Her answer? "I was Irish jig dancing for my friends and I rolled it." She is not, and has not ever been, trained in Irish jig dancing. Hell, she can barely walk sometimes. But she was trying to be funny in front of her friends and it backfired. I think she learned her lesson when she missed a high school game two days later after her attempts to convince the coach to let her play on it failed.

May 18, 2022
Last night I came home to my daughter with her left hand in a bucket of ice. It's bruised from catching dad. I make the normal dad comment about not catching a girl that throws 65 bare handed.

Later when I was looking at padded batting style gloves for catchers, I learn that DD was using a 40 year old, flat as a pancake first base mitt to catch and not her catchers mitt...why? The catchers mitt isn't completely broke in? Why isn't it broke in? Because she hasn't been using it when Im not around. I also confiscated the 1st base mitt.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
OK, just thought I’d give an update on the original post as I’m sure folks are wondering. I know it will probably be a great shock to most, but she is still, at times, exasperating.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
So, last night we had a repeat of the incident that prompted this thread. DD was signed up for hitting and fielding lessons with one of the top college players in the country. You would probably think she’s excited by this, right? Well, no, not really. She goes into sullen teen mode the whole drive over to the practice facility. It’s bad enough that she doesn’t understand or appreciate what a rare opportunity this is, but the truly exasperating part is that when she finishes the lesson she is super pumped, just in a fantastic mood, lively, talkative, enthusiastic - every time! But, when it’s time for the next lesson sullen teen will be back.

Dec 2, 2019
So, last night we had a repeat of the incident that prompted this thread. DD was signed up for hitting and fielding lessons with one of the top college players in the country. You would probably think she’s excited by this, right? Well, no, not really. She goes into sullen teen mode the whole drive over to the practice facility. It’s bad enough that she doesn’t understand or appreciate what a rare opportunity this is, but the truly exasperating part is that when she finishes the lesson she is super pumped, just in a fantastic mood, lively, talkative, enthusiastic - every time! But, when it’s time for the next lesson sullen teen will be back.
My daughter is the same way. Dreads going to camps and lessons, but when she gets there she loves being there. I think she just likes being difficult.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812