Sometimes my DD is exasperating.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I am sure most of us were exasperating to our parents at times as well. I typically remedied that by spending as little time in the house as possible...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I don’t have recent video, but here’s a photo. You get the idea of what I’m dealing with:
Excellent photo! Got some personality there!

😄 do you have a photo of yourself so we can get a view of that personality...

May 13, 2021
Mine is not quite old enough for me to have experienced the full brunt of this yet, I have been told it is a lot worse than having a boy that age. I am not looking forward to it.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Is she doing a Cossack dance while wearing a tiara? If so, that's badass.
Yes. Yes she is. It was after a game where she hit a walk off, I think.

However! It was exasperating because she had no idea the game was over until the first base coach started walking off the field.

Everyone says she’s so calm and relaxed while at bat. It’s because she has no idea what’s going on.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022
Mine is so hot and cold about softball. Drives me nuts sometimes, but I'm starting to set rules for myself.

-If she doesn't want to practice, don't push it. She'll suck anyway. Possibly negotiate down from full pitching, to just a session of 30 or so from the K. There's a 50% success rate there.

-Much like feeding the Mogwai, never try to start a pitching session after 7pm. As long as she starts at 6:59 or sooner, I'm good. After 7, it's mostly negativity and frowny faces. This kid lives and dies by her sleep and naps. voluntarily going to bed at 8:30 after taking a nap between 4 and 6 is normal for her.

-If she's mad in the dugout, leave her alone. Otherwise her mouth will probably get her in trouble.

-Don't talk about softball in the truck after a game or practice. I basically always fail at this one.

-If she's in a great mood, which is most of the time, get a ton of reps in. She'll go until she drops.

-Bring her a snack to after-school practice, but not cheez-its. Water is fine, but gatorade is preferred. No lemon flavor.

-Don't eat the last bagel if softball is happening.

This list is ever evolving, but has helped tremendously. It's only taken me three years to accept that I have no control over certain things. Now I just try to embrace it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812