Someone explain this to me Hitting Hype

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 5, 2021
Why are the women so over the top hyped up over a simple base hit, EVERY single base hit they show the batter on base SCREAMING let’s go!!!, stomping their feet, slamming down their arms etc etc. what ever happened to acting like you’ve done that and been there before. I understand if it’s a game winning hit but down 7-0 and getting a single and here comes the over the top hype.

Jun 5, 2021
The better question is why does it bother you so much that you felt the need to start a thread about it?
Well if you don’t have a daughter playing softball and see this every single hit it does come off as a little much. Sorry didn’t know all posts had to be sunshine and rainbows. Thought this was a discussion forum open to different POVs.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The culture of softball is different than baseball. Hype starts with the dugout chants they learn in rec ball. In TB, you'd better be on the dugout fence and cheering for your teammates every second, or you're running poles. These ladies are pretty excited when they get to the biggest stage they will (probably) ever play on. Totally justified, IMO.

Personally, I wish baseball would show a little more enthusiasm. That said, I do appreciate the fact that my DD's TB team is pretty mellow (by TB standards) in the dugout, and the coaches don't force them to scream constantly, like some coaches do.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
A base hit against some of these pitchers is an accomplishment. I’ve seen Fouts and Garcia in person, behind home plate this year, and I’d be the first person in line volunteering to flex.

As someone with a daughter, please PLEASE get out of the way and let these girls have their game. Girls are already told to take up less space/act like “ladies” far too often.

If the ladies that play this game seem to find a way to be hyper-competitive and still celebrate one another then we should probably all take several seats and shut up about it.

It’s almost always people who haven’t done it who I see telling other people to act like they’ve done it before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
As a baseball guy it took me a while to get used to the hype associated with softball. It was an adjustment. That said, I now enjoy it to a certain extent. Yes, sometimes they get a little carried away for my taste. And yes, baseball could use more of it. Somewhere in between would be perfect for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28