Some great matchups this weekend!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
How did all of the Texas P5 schools miss on her (All of the SEC and Big12 teams for that matter). Played for the hotshots, is a big strong kid with prototypical size and velocity. Add all that to the intangible attributes mentioned by BT and it doesn't fit the profile of the kid that gets overlooked in recruiting.
I gotta tell ya a lot of good talent gets overlooked by coaches. In PA we have some great schools with terrific facilities. The 18u teams in our org have great pitchers. Just about all of them are going D1. Of the 12 pitchers 1 is going to a PA school. The other 11 could easily play at a PA school but the PA schools like to get kids from other areas. Sadly most of them struggle hence the record of the PA schools is poor.

Nov 5, 2014
I gotta tell ya a lot of good talent gets overlooked by coaches. In PA we have some great schools with terrific facilities. The 18u teams in our org have great pitchers. Just about all of them are going D1. Of the 12 pitchers 1 is going to a PA school. The other 11 could easily play at a PA school but the PA schools like to get kids from other areas. Sadly most of them struggle hence the record of the PA schools is poor.
All the pitchers in your org share one characteristic that makes them more likely to be overlooked.......They play in the Northeast. It drives me crazy I see so many of these northeast colleges recruiting 2nd and 3rd tier kids from Florida, California, and Texas while overlooking talented kids in their own backyard. While it is unquestionably true the Northeast doesn't have the same depth of talent (which is why we have to travel so much to face quality competition) there is still a ton of good softball players here.

Apr 28, 2014
All the pitchers in your org share one characteristic that makes them more likely to be overlooked.......They play in the Northeast. It drives me crazy I see so many of these northeast colleges recruiting 2nd and 3rd tier kids from Florida, California, and Texas while overlooking talented kids in their own backyard. While it is unquestionably true the Northeast doesn't have the same depth of talent (which is why we have to travel so much to face quality competition) there is still a ton of good softball players here.
Great points
However we had 2 senior pitchers graduate last summer...1 went SEC and the other PAC12.
Think that may have opened some eyes lol

Nov 25, 2012
USA
How did all of the Texas P5 schools miss on her (All of the SEC and Big12 teams for that matter). Played for the hotshots, is a big strong kid with prototypical size and velocity. Add all that to the intangible attributes mentioned by BT and it doesn't fit the profile of the kid that gets overlooked in recruiting.
Oh wow. Didn't know she was a Texas girl and a Hot Shot at that. I have know idea how she was missed unless the grades were an issue or something like that. Kid is solid. Bet she eventually ends up at a power school before it is all said and done.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
DD said Team USA vs Mexico at 6pm ET. She said it is being streamed. Trying to get done work to head home and watch with her!
completely missed it and turned on right as it finished. Bummer. They play again 2 more times but hoping a replay will be available somewhere tonight. If anyone sees a replay please let us know.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Oh wow. Didn't know she was a Texas girl and a Hot Shot at that. I have know idea how she was missed unless the grades were an issue or something like that. Kid is solid. Bet she eventually ends up at a power school before it is all said and done.
She is not a Texan. She is from Walker, LA outside of Baton Rouge at least that's what her Bio says. There may be others that are more knowledgeable about her recruiting journey. The Hotshots program has brought in several kids from LA over the years. There also seem to have a heavy pipeline to UL. So there's that.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
It may not be a grades thing. USA is a nice school and Mobile isn't a bad place to live at all. I enjoyed my freshman year at South a little too much between the beach and the proximity to New Orleans when they had the 18yo drinking age.

Also she may have had a better opportunity to play from day one and the money could have been a little better. South is still pretty affordable compared to a lot of schools.

Nov 5, 2014
She is not a Texan. She is from Walker, LA outside of Baton Rouge at least that's what her Bio says. There may be others that are more knowledgeable about her recruiting journey. The Hotshots program has brought in several kids from LA over the years. There also seem to have a heavy pipeline to UL. So there's that.
Nice catch. I ASSUMED she was from Texas because she was on Hotshots Dumezich. Once again I prove the truth in the old adage of what happens when you assume.:p:p Either way I am still surprised all of the SEC and Big 12 missed on her. In no way do I intend that as a slight to South Alabama but generally big strong high velocity freshman pitchers with the ability to blank a team like Alabama were highly rated recruits who have their pick of top 25 P5 programs to choose from.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Nice catch. I ASSUMED she was from Texas because she was on Hotshots Dumezich. Once again I prove the truth in the old adage of what happens when you assume.:p:p Either way I am still surprised all of the SEC and Big 12 missed on her. In no way do I intend that as a slight to South Alabama but generally big strong high velocity freshman pitchers with the ability to blank a team like Alabama were highly rated recruits who have their pick of top 25 P5 programs to choose from.
There are so many variables and not one recruiting journey is the same. The school is less than 3 hours away. Maybe there is a family connection? Maybe she blossomed late and committed early? Finances worked out well for the family? Major? Regardless, we are talking about her right now. Hopefully she continues to do well and racks up the W's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23