Softball viewing from the Hill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Depends on who you are,and what your views are.
Just to think I provided a link with data that might help us understand what is going on rather than what the media is trying to feed us. I don't think that is political at all. I am not one to be divisive and don't really like to voice my political opinion.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Just to think I provided a link with data that might help us understand what is going on rather than what the media is trying to feed us. I don't think that is political at all. I am not one to be divisive and don't really like to voice my political opinion.
What you posted was fine by me, what you experienced is not. That's the political/hypocritical part that I was referring to in my (now deleted) post. Some things are ok, some are not. Dr. Suess books are now not ok and being pulled from shelves...Oh, the horror.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
I think it's weird that schools are restricting tickets and attendance to their stadiums, however a week and a half ago, the schools below played at the Scrap Yard over 2 days with packed stadiums and no restrictions on attendance. Players were walking around everywhere thru the crowds. Fans right on top of the fields.

It seems hypocritical to restrict their stadiums and then play in this tournament. Either it matters or it doesn't. If you're going to virtue signal, then be consistent.

1614696837875.png

Jun 11, 2012
DD called yesterday and while we still don’t know logistics of her season or if they’ll allow spectators she mentioned that they do play in a public park so who is to stop parents from walking the track or taking the dogs for a walk. They’re about to let professional sports have dome spectators here so I’m thinking we might be ok

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD called yesterday and while we still don’t know logistics of her season or if they’ll allow spectators she mentioned that they do play in a public park so who is to stop parents from walking the track or taking the dogs for a walk. They’re about to let professional sports have dome spectators here so I’m thinking we might be ok
My buddy's kid plays in the SCAC conference (Southwestern). They are not allowing ANY spectators at any sport. He tried to infiltrate the game last weekend but failed since the UPD blocked off the parking lots and there were too many "officials'' in the area because of baseball, lacrosse and softball games going on. I feel more sorry for them than myself.

Jun 11, 2012
My buddy's kid plays in the SCAC conference (Southwestern). They are not allowing ANY spectators at any sport. He tried to infiltrate the game last weekend but failed since the UPD blocked off the parking lots and there were too many "officials'' in the area because of baseball, lacrosse and softball games going on. I feel more sorry for them than myself.
Since the fields are not part of campus we’re hoping that if the no spectator rule still applies once the season starts we’ll be able to at least view from a far. The fields are in a city park so we’ll see

Oct 1, 2014
USA
and again...without being political here...at least they are playing. At least they are on campus and getting some type of college experience...not everyone who worked to make it into a school and on a team is getting that chance.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I dont know what's dumber the no fans or this never ending dead period
The college presidents and athletic directors who are playing politix with our kids and "keeping them safe" rather than following current science (and some common sense) and letting them play conference softball. This might be dumber but hey who knows there's lot's to choose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28