Softball mom and grandma

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I just went to the site. What I found strange was that they listed the colleges all of their alumni played at. All were D1 or D3. No D2 at all. I wonder why?
I may step on some toes here, and I am sure there are examples which contradict this, but in general (for whatever reason) there are not as many D2 schools which are considered “academically elite”

May 29, 2015
Hi
I'm from Philadelphia and coached fast-pitch softball for close to 20 years. Both my daughter's played both tournament and high school ball. I now have an almost 15 year old granddaughter who's talent amazes me, with straight A's to go with it. Hoping to learn more about the recruiting process.

I'm not big on the whole recruiting thing ... just wanted to say ^THAT is probably one of the most important pieces.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I may step on some toes here, and I am sure there are examples which contradict this, but in general (for whatever reason) there are not as many D2 schools which are considered “academically elite”
You beat me to the response. This is not an opinion. It's pretty much true. The colleges will pretty much be D1's (Ivies and Patriot League, UVA, GW, BC, etc) D3's (NESCAC, NEWMAC, and others around the country). Let me find that link. Found it. High quality institutions all in one place.

https://www.headfirsthonorroll.com/confirmed-coaches/honor-roll-camp-confirmed-coaches-softball/

Jul 8, 2021

Interesting. I need to investigate this. Thanks.

Jul 8, 2021
Interesting. I need to investigate this. Thanks.
I found this. The only one Im familiar with is University of the Sciences, which has an exceptional program. My granddaughter's current organization has 2 girls who will play ball there this coming year. A lot depends on the major. Haverford College, Division 3, located in Pennsylvania is a top liberal arts college. I see no division 2 colleges in lists for top physics programs. You may be on to something.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478