Softball during Final Exams

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2015
Well, the other issue is that their farthest travel games are the weekend right before final exams. FWIW, DD spent the previous 2 weekends before fall final exams home cramming for several days straight which paid off, so I guess she'll just have to plan accordingly this spring.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I worked at a small D3 school where the athletic dept had an academic advisor for the athletes. She was a go-between for the players and the professors. She was very busy coordinating exams and handling issues that developed over the course of the season. I'm guessing that most colleges would have personnel that do the same thing but it might be something that you have ask for.

Jul 3, 2013
Well, the other issue is that their farthest travel games are the weekend right before final exams. FWIW, DD spent the previous 2 weekends before fall final exams home cramming for several days straight which paid off, so I guess she'll just have to plan accordingly this spring.
Encourage your DD to speak to all of her professors (face to face, if possible) about her practice, game, and travel schedule. Give them all of the known conflicts as soon as she knows them. Remind her professors as dates near. Keep them updated on all changes, there will be a lot.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Encourage your DD to speak to all of her professors (face to face, if possible) about her practice, game, and travel schedule. Give them all of the known conflicts as soon as she knows them. Remind her professors as dates near. Keep them updated on all changes, there will be a lot.

I'm a big fan of face-to-face, along with a summary of the conversation and subsequent updates sent via email.

Reduces confusion about what was said and when.

May 7, 2008
So, how is it possible to play your conference tournament during final exams week!?

DD *survived* her first DI fall semester, but looking at the spring softball schedule the conference tournament starts the same day as finals week.

How's that going to work!?
Exams during tournaments are pretty common. You make it to the post season and typically the coaches are proctoring exams for 3 -5 players during off times. Not easy for sure. But who said playing in college was easy, lol. DD would take exams "on the bus to competitions".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23