Social Media/Instagram as a training aid?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 10, 2021
Trying to approach this with some thought and value opinions from any fellow parents.

DD 12u enjoys the game, is naturally athletic etc., but once practice or games are over, she turns off the "switch" until the next event.

I understand this is healthy and ideal from my perspective and is good to me.

There are some great training tips, drills, replays I come across on Instagram that would be awesome to directly send her as a learning tool, but we haven't allowed her an account to this point.

How do you handle the benefit/drawback of using Social Media as a learning tool while minimizing the negatives?

Apr 30, 2018
We don't allow our DD (11yo) on any social media. Social media can get so toxic. So far she hasn't even asked. When she does we will reevaluate which one she wants access to. I use a program called Qustodio on her phone and computer. Works well across multiple platforms and has lots of adjustability in the permissions. If there is something really worth showing her I let her see it on my phone. I know in the past other teammates have unrestricted phones and are watching Tiktok videos with drinking, smoking etc. in it. Not what I want my kid exposed to at this age.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2021
We don't allow our DD (11yo) on any social media. Social media can get so toxic. So far she hasn't even asked. When she does we will reevaluate which one she wants access to. I use a program called Qustodio on her phone and computer. Works well across multiple platforms and has lots of adjustability in the permissions. If there is something really worth showing her I let her see it on my phone. I know in the past other teammates have unrestricted phones and are watching Tiktok videos with drinking, smoking etc. in it. Not what I want my kid exposed to at this age.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Very cool software, thanks for the recommendation on Qustudio!

On Android, Maybe I can figure out a way to just screen record the instagram videos and send them as a message.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee