So Cal Ellie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Dedicated hard work pays off!! :D

Lots to work on. When she's on, she's on. But when she isn't, it isn't pretty. In three games, this was the only one hit to the grass. She really loves pushing her hands or casting out from her rear shoulder and losing her backside completely.

But we'll keep working so we can find more consistency. Because when she does find the barrel, it's hella exciting.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Lots to work on. When she's on, she's on. But when she isn't, it isn't pretty. In three games, this was the only one hit to the grass. She really loves pushing her hands or casting out from her rear shoulder and losing her backside completely.

But we'll keep working so we can find more consistency. Because when she does find the barrel, it's hella exciting.

A few things to keep in mind...
1. She's 9 years old.
B. She's way ahead of the curve for girls her age.
III. There is ALWAYS work to do, no matter what age or level they are playing.

Maddie is 16yo, has pretty decent mechanics that she has worked very long and hard on developing, and has the ability to hit the ball a long way. Friday, she hit 4 bombs in BP that went 250'+. This weekend's games, she went 1-for-10, including looking at strike 3, on a 0-2 count, to end the game with the tying run at 2B. Her 1 hit was a rocket line drive double that 1-hopped a 220' fence, and brought in 2 runs. She also had a few weak ground ball outs, an IF pop-up. My point... Keep working. There will be good days and bad days. There will be awesome at bats, and highly frustrating at bats. This is the nature of the game. Cherish the great moments, and quickly forget about the less-than-great ones.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
A few things to keep in mind...
1. She's 9 years old.
B. She's way ahead of the curve for girls her age.
III. There is ALWAYS work to do, no matter what age or level they are playing.

Maddie is 16yo, has pretty decent mechanics that she has worked very long and hard on developing, and has the ability to hit the ball a long way. Friday, she hit 4 bombs in BP that went 250'+. This weekend's games, she went 1-for-10, including looking at strike 3, on a 0-2 count, to end the game with the tying run at 2B. Her 1 hit was a rocket line drive double that 1-hopped a 220' fence, and brought in 2 runs. She also had a few weak ground ball outs, an IF pop-up. My point... Keep working. There will be good days and bad days. There will be awesome at bats, and highly frustrating at bats. This is the nature of the game. Cherish the great moments, and quickly forget about the less-than-great ones.

Yep! Your posts over the years of me reading this forum have set that in for me - to cherish the moments and take things in stride. : )

Side note, her team started streaming games live via Twitch yesterday at her friendlies, so may be able to get better clips than my lame camera angles : )

Jun 8, 2016
Yep! Your posts over the years of me reading this forum have set that in for me - to cherish the moments and take things in stride. : )

Side note, her team started streaming games live via Twitch yesterday at her friendlies, so may be able to get better clips than my lame camera angles : )
The camera angles for most live stream games are garbage for looking at swings :LOL:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That's a very nice swat!! :D

I like the way she moves for a player her age. Turning out of a neck slot gets her on plane early, which will help her be successful, even if her timing isn't perfect.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
No extra bases on this one, but this is the best change up she's hit in a game - so figured I'd post. Facing a 2010 pitcher who throws 55 MPH (I was told) but is wild as prime Mitch Williams. First pitch she took a fastball for a ball. Second pitch was this change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478