Smitty, Why do I talk like this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Argh. What the hell is she talking about? Why can’t she use normal words and phrases in common usage. Lifted? What the hell is lifted? Is someone getting their truck worked on?

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I just came on to post if Michelle knows we are seeing the slow mo of the actual pitch, not guessing. The more she calls out what a pitch is before she actually reviews the video, the more of an idiot she sounds like. I could really do with our her commentary.

Dec 11, 2010
That’s “Two Time Gold Medal Winning Olympian Michelle Smith“ to you 4 girls dad!

(Hat tip to Bill Hillhouse for that stolen comedy.)

If she says “late sharp break” seven more times tonight I win a free toaster.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Yeah...never been a fan. Of course a majority of all those commentators are trying to keep the average spectator interested and entertained. What they don't realize is unlike other sports where the viewing audience is largely ignorant of the specifics of various skills/aspects of the game, many of the softball audience can actually watch a pitch and say with certainty the a bullet spin pitch thrown on an upward trajectory with speed is not actually a "Riseball."

Oct 1, 2014
USA
During the regular season listening to some of the commentary is comedy, during the series it's more like hearing the same old bad joke repeatedly. Dead air is better than hot air in most cases...

Dec 11, 2010
It‘s like a bad seminar for new 10u coaches.

Jessica Mendoza and Amanda Scarborough should be cloned and replace The Hair Pair as needed.

Yes, I am having some fun with this!

Dec 11, 2010
If the audience was wider, Saturday Night Live could make a spectacular skit out of this.

Dec 11, 2010
You guys are softball snobs..
”Good Gawd Peter, can you tell me which way to the private boxes? I hear they serve a SMASHING shrimp cocktail!”

(Read in your best “do you have any Grey Poupon” voice)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478