Skills video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2019
I've been saying this for a while. Best decision we made was signing up for capitanU.
$20/month and you upload as many videos as you like. Also send all emails to coaches from that site. Simply use the pull down and choose the school and the coaches names pop up. Check the coach and have DD send email.
If/when a coach opens email you get a notification that a coach read your email. If a coach watches a video you get a notification of who watched what.
This helped us know which camps to attend and which camps to skip (if they didn't open emails we didn't go to their camps). Probably had 3 or 4 schools who's camps DD would have attended if she thought they were interested but not opening emails indicated that they weren't. 4 camps at $150 each ($600) paid for the site for 3 years. Only used it for 2 years. Probably the best money every spent imo.
When DD sent her travel game schedule for a weekend we knew what schools were coming to see her simply by who opened her emails.
Very valuable information.

Every coach we have heard speak on the subject has said he/she automatically deletes emails if they can tell they are though one of those services. Obviously we have not heard from every coach there is, but the message is consistent from the ones we have heard from.

Apr 28, 2014
Every coach we have heard speak on the subject has said he/she automatically deletes emails if they can tell they are though one of those services. Obviously we have not heard from every coach there is, but the message is consistent from the ones we have heard from.

I guess it depends on who sends it.
DD had 13 or 14 D1 schools opening her emails within 24 hours

Jun 8, 2016
Ldcnija.gif

Dec 6, 2019
Yes, like I said, we haven't heard from every coach in the nation. It's just alarming that there are enough of them out there who immediately rule out kids based on use of these services.

Dec 6, 2019
Obviously there can be other factors at play too. I'm just sharing what we have been told repeatedly by college coaches -- don't use these services. Are you a rep for one? If 13-14 are opened in 24 hours, how many were sent? 13-14?

Nov 5, 2014

I have also heard this from college coaches and seen it posted many times on Twitter but my experience was similar to BT3100. DD had the vast majority of her emails opened even from schools that she had no business emailing, in fact one in particular, Stanford, even watched her videos 4 or 5 times. Believe me my DD is not a Pac12 player and only sent those on a lark as it was her dream school since she was a young kid. To give you an idea DD sent emails to 38 different schools using the service over the last 2+ years. 36 of the 38 viewed her profile at least 1 time. Did the other 2 schools deleted the emails without opening? Maybe but it was probably because they were not interested not because she sent them through a service.

The way I reconciled these two things is I believe some services are sending out bulk recruiting emails on to a large distribution list on behalf of a PSA that are clearly identifiable as being auto generated. The service my DD used required her to send individual personalized emails and they showed up in the coaches inbox as coming from her not from a service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812