Signing Day 2020

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
With today being national signing day for softball I thought a thread was in order. My team, UW, put together a great class with Kinsey Fiedler, Rylee Holtorf, Olivia Johnson, and Angie Yellen. Fiedler and Holtoft were listed as the #1 recruit by Flosoftball and Extra Inning Softball respectively at one point. I don't have subscriptions to either, so I am not sure if they are still in the top spot, but the future looks bright on Montlake.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
What did you think of her? I have gotten to watch a couple of top 100 level players and they were mind-blowingly good.
Maybe I'm jaded, but she looks like a good softball player, that can play D1. I am not taking anything away from what she has done, however I only saw her play a few games. There wasn't anything there, that blew me away. Remember Houston and the surrounding area is where we breed softball players...really good ones. When you look at players like Taylor Roman at UL, Rylee Trlicek at Florida, Taylor Pleasants at LSU and Georgia Clark at LSU, those are the players that take your breath away. Don't get me wrong. I will cheer for every Texas girl that plays outside of Texas. It's very rare to see Texas players on the west coast. Except for Baylee Klingler. It was fun watching her play too. She was on an 18U Gold team as an 8th grader.

Sidenote: I watch a team that had 4 Big 12 commits (same school-4 legged hairy animal that roars) and some other D1 commits that got run ruled by a Tier 2 team.(2.5 innings). I was expecting a lot more. We have all been wondered how certain kids got committed to certain schools, while walking away scratching our heads. There are players when you see the way they carry themselves, their swagger, their athleticism, and you know those kid are will be going somewhere big time. You can just tell.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
Baylee Klinger did look like the real deal as a hitter up here last spring. Not so much with the defense, but her bat! Wow, lead the team in BA, SLG, OPS, RBI.

This was part of coach Tarr's comment on Olivia Johnson "She's got an amazing personality, she's someone that we will be able to lean on to lead the team for years to come." I don't know how she will compete with the other catchers on the team, but the UW coaches have been doing some great things, so my trust level is high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee