SidelineHD is Open to EVERYONE!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The scoreboard overlays are neat and great to look at. But the magic is how easy SidelineHD makes it to pull highlight videos. Imagine sitting there watching your daughter hitting a double deep to left field. You're sitting there behind the fence cheering her on and then as she's settling in on 2nd base, your phone chimes. It's a text from SidelineHD with the video of that exact same hit! It's that easy! You can download that video, share it on social media or with family....or maybe even a college coach (although, it would be better if your daughter did that :)).

Here's an example of the link to the video you'll get via text:

Again....I'm not affiliated at all with SidelineHD.
Problem is livestream video angles are typically not the greatest for actually looking at swing mechanics..of course that isn’t what most parents are usually using the videos for.

Apr 21, 2021
SidelineHD was able to use GC for the overlay in the early stages. Then when GC/TM decided they were going to have video they shut off access to their API.

We have a parent that continues to score in GC. Then we have another parent score in iScore just for the overlay. May switch to use Sideline’s scoring at some point.

Getting the clips are great. We’ve been very happy with SidelineHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Problem is livestream video angles are typically not the greatest for actually looking at swing mechanics..of course that isn’t what most parents are usually using the videos for.

All of our family lives out of state so the game feeds are great to share with them. But, even then, some angles are still less than ideal.

Depending on the angle sometimes I’ll use the footage with DD as a general review. The “in this situation” type discussions. And also to re-watch the “did you see that one almost take my head off?” plays (she plays 3B).

Agreed that traditional angles (or even feed quality) are not great for mechanics viewing. For pitching or hitting.

Jun 8, 2016
Does the ump get annoyed with you? Just curious, I've had it happen and I'm quieter than you when I comment for the video.
Lol..if the ump gets annoyed by that how does he/she handle all of the other crap that gets said during the game?

Oct 4, 2018
SidelineHD was able to use GC for the overlay in the early stages. Then when GC/TM decided they were going to have video they shut off access to their API.

We have a parent that continues to score in GC. Then we have another parent score in iScore just for the overlay. May switch to use Sideline’s scoring at some point.

Getting the clips are great. We’ve been very happy with SidelineHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know, thank you. Makes perfect sense that Sideline would cut ties with GC/TM.

So for those of you who score in iScore and/or Sideline, is it as easy? As good? Give good stats?

Oct 4, 2018
Lol..if the ump gets annoyed by that how does he/she handle all of the other crap that gets said during the game?

The umps are used to all kinds of comments from fans.

Until very recently, they aren't used to running commentary on the game. Overhearing "just a bit outside" or "that one was called high" every single pitch could most definitely be annoying.

And fans certainly get annoyed by it. Especially if they're on the other team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood