Showcases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I don't know if it's necessarily true a team needs to be on the main field. DD's team played on "lesser" fields and b/c the girls were working on getting recruited (sending emails, video, profiles, transcripts, etc) the coaches came and saw them. At one showcase we had 3 colleges behind the back stop while the girls played the farthest field from the parking lot.

When I say main field, I’m talking about the main complex - typically the one where the better teams play and where the TD’s main area is. There can be 8 fields at this complex and you’re golden. If you’re at a satellite complex more than 5-10 miles away from the main complex, you probably won’t see as many coaches. Just how it is.

May 27, 2013
There are showcases near me where some of the complexes are actually in another state for the same event. If a college coach has 20 players to see at one field and less than 5 across the border, guess where they most likely will be……

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
NE Finest in the summer utilizes at least nine different complexes that are spread out all over eastern Massachusetts and RI. Some fields are at least 45 minutes away from other fields, so getting to all the complexes in one day is impossible.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478