Showcases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
Any thoughts from folks who made the transition from a team playing mainly USSSA to joining an org which plays nearly all showcase events?

Apr 25, 2019
Simple answer is exposure. My DD's old team did not have the same vision she had. My DD wanted to play against the best and showcase her skills in front of the best. She was not getting that from local USSSA tournaments so we made the jump at the beginning of 14u.

May 27, 2013
Missed seeing the girls playing for the tourney win. There is definitely excitement in that which you don’t get from pure showcases.

I do like with showcases that you typically know exactly how many games you’ll be playing each event.

Even if moving to a “showcase” team, make sure they have a track record of getting into good showcases on the main fields. Any team can play in a showcase. Those in the know play in the good ones.

College coaches coming to see my dd play got her more playing time. She did the leg work, emailed the coaches, and most came. The kids who did not do the leg work didn’t have coaches show up so they had less playing time.

Jul 14, 2018
Even if moving to a “showcase” team, make sure they have a track record of getting into good showcases on the main fields. Any team can play in a showcase. Those in the know play in the good ones.

College coaches coming to see my dd play got her more playing time. She did the leg work, emailed the coaches, and most came.

New to playing in showcases, but these two statements have me wondering: if you’ve done the legwork, and a coach is interested, would they really say, “I’d love to see you play, and I’ll be at XYZ Showcase, it’s just too bad you’re on Field D instead of Field A.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
New to playing in showcases, but these two statements have me wondering: if you’ve done the legwork, and a coach is interested, would they really say, “I’d love to see you play, and I’ll be at XYZ Showcase, it’s just too bad you’re on Field D instead of Field A.”

Many of the bigger showcases can have fields that are several miles away from each other. If it’s a school who a lot of players reach out to and a majority of those players will be at the main field, then chances are you might not see them if you are at a distant complex elsewhere. Sometimes the coach and assistant will divide and conquer, sometimes only one is at a particular showcase. Unfortunately, this happens. I would say a good gauge of interest is if a player of recruiting age has already been to a camp or two of theirs, has emailed them, and they still don’t make it a point to watch the player at least once, no matter the field location, then there’s no real interest.

Oct 10, 2018
My DD did that last year and moved up to 18U. The focus is on getting the girls to play good competition and be seen by college coaches. There are basically no rules. For example a coach was watching one of our girls and she drew a walk. They put a runner on first for her and put her back at the plate so the coach could see her hit, not walk. There are also a lot more cameras on the back stop and fewer teams doing game changer. DD did some 16U showcases before moving up and not a college coach to be found. They just aren't watching sophomores (unless it's someone known to be exceptional) but at least the level of competition is better.

Oct 10, 2018
I don't know if it's necessarily true a team needs to be on the main field. DD's team played on "lesser" fields and b/c the girls were working on getting recruited (sending emails, video, profiles, transcripts, etc) the coaches came and saw them. At one showcase we had 3 colleges behind the back stop while the girls played the farthest field from the parking lot.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I don't know if it's necessarily true a team needs to be on the main field. DD's team played on "lesser" fields and b/c the girls were working on getting recruited
(sending emails, video, profiles, transcripts, etc) the coaches came and saw them.
🎉🥎🏆

Jun 8, 2016

It’s a thing otherwise showcases that play all their games in one complex wouldn’t make a point of advertising that..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802