Showcase spectator etiquette

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
had similiar opposition parents hooting and hollaring in a larger event this ball. Congrats you got to cheer for the 2 home runs your team hit, made yourselves look like fools. Final score 7-4 you lost.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
had similiar opposition parents hooting and hollaring in a larger event this ball. Congrats you got to cheer for the 2 home runs your team hit, made yourselves look like fools. Final score 7-4 you lost.

From my observations, college coaches rarely care about the game score. However, they might be impressed by the player who hit the HR against a better team, especially if they already had their eye on her.

That said, if her dad is the one loudly and repeatedly ripping the umpire for not calling his made-up obstruction rule (I saw that one last weekend, too), her performance is probably irrelevant.

Jun 20, 2015
we did have to change pitchers from the one throwing 3 hit, 1 run in 4 innings to a different pitcher a college coach requested to see. "Act like you've been here before" sums up the attitude approach I would suggest to that team's parents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog