Should we start a Proud Parent Brag Post Forum?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Should DFP add a Proud Parents Bragging Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 35 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Not sure why we never thought of this before, but it seems like it makes sense. What would y'all think about a forum where proud parent brag posts are not only allowed but encouraged? We all feel like we get to know one another, and our DDs and families, over time, and I know a lot of people are delighted to see when one of the DFP "family" is successful.

That way proud parents wouldn't have to apologize for making the post, there would be a single place to share the success, and those who aren't interested can easily avoid them. Vote in the poll, and add any comments.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Maybe make it Shameless Brag forum. :cool:

I want to expand it to ANYTHING our little Princesses do. For example:

A few years ago one of my DDs was in middle school, and one of her classmates was having a lot of personal issues, and was even discussing suicide. DD came to me, and we talked about it. The school's principal was a caring woman, so I sent the school's principal an email. The principal asked DD to come to the office and discuss it. For privacy reasons, nothing could be said to me or DD about the follow up.
In the meantime, that particular classmate has been doing much better in life. All she needed was a helping hand in a rough time.

So, I want the forum to allow us to brag about when our kids do something we are proud of even outside of softball.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I try not to do a lot of bragging personally, but I have gotten close on several occasions. I really do enjoy reading the success stories from the entire DFP family. This is an awesome site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl