Should Pitchers Fear The Easton Ghost? Exit Speed Radar Results.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 8, 2010
Debuted our Ghost at Elite Futures Showcase last week near Atlanta. That will be important later. I personally used it in pre-game infield/outfield warm ups. I could feel more vibration on miss hits when I was hitting grounders and fly balls than with DD's LXT, which I usually use. About half the team gave it a go in a 70 foot batting cage off a tee, so it showed exit speed pretty well. It looked like the ball was launching faster than their current bats to the naked eye, no gun. Game play, it had 3 girls use it. Balls had a lot of speed off the bat on grounders, line drives and long fly balls. Of course they may have off of other bats also but these balls looked like they were stung. On 2 occasions, outfielders missplayed flyballs against the Ghost. Both took their initial read/angle and about halfway their realized they were burnt. I mentioned the tournament because this was full of very good A class teams. I didn't see another flyball that was miss played like that against another bat. Hard to describe but both miss played balls didnt look like your typical bad first step mistake. The trajectory looked like a regular mid depth flyball out, it just kept carrying.

So, take from it what you will. No hyperbole, no 290 ft HRs, just what my eyeballs saw and I have been around the block. Will report further as I watch it more.

May 23, 2015
Thanks 625ender, I trust numbers much more than anecdotes.

Thank you. I appreciate it. There's just simply no way to have a magic bat that blows away another because of the testing process and liability. If there was a way I'm sure all manufacturers would jump on the technology. The composite bat market will soon be like the wood bat market. They all perform the same with loads of parity.

Good bats are all based on perception. The best way to get a player out of a slump is to let them get a hit or two with a hot players bat. THAT"S MAGIC! Just look at the other Ghost thread. Home Runs abound! Ain't happening unless they were previously swinging dud bats.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
There was a team in Vegas last weekend that had one of the new Eastons. They handed it around to all the team mates that participated in the clinic on Thursday, and every single girl in the lineup during the tournament used that one bat. Nothing scientific, but someone was really liking that bat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad