Sho time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Notice how his hips and shoulders stay parallel to the plate and he is not really rotating. LOL. As an Angel fan, I have to admit I am a little surprised how well he is hitting. I would have thought pitchers could work him with fastballs high and in and soft and away but he has been better guesser than the pitcher. His swing is in a category of its own. Very big, strong and fast guy letting it rip. Controlled (barely) violence.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
W=W

For me the front leg can do various styles. The coil and load and forward movement remains the same.

Thanks for the clip!

I’ll do comparison, if I can, if frame rates are the same.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
JLI2010

Do you see Ohtani’s back foot move forward a little on W=W’s clip? The pitch was high, compared to weight staying back more on a low pitch.

Jun 3, 2021
Notice how his hips and shoulders stay parallel to the plate and he is not really rotating. LOL.

He absolutely is rotating. He just has the amazing strength, ability, reaction time to do it extremely late in the travel of the ball to the plate. He truly is a phenom in more than just his hitting. I don’t care about the numbers as much as I acknowledge how amazing of a ball player he is. Last time we saw this was Babe Ruth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478