Shipping a Bat for Replacement

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2022
This will be our first time sending our bat in for a refund. I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a box recommended? I bought in store so didn't have a box to go with it. I read that USPS has free boxes. Has anyone experienced this?

2) I reached out to Easton on Halloween and got an RA#. Then, our team decided to play 2 more tournaments. It is now about 20 days later (and Sunday). I will ship out tomorrow. Will my RA# still be accepted or will it just sit somewhere with no one taking action on it?

I appreciate the insight.

Feb 24, 2022
I have heard that FedEx has the appropriate sized box for bats. Worth a look if there is one near you.

Aug 18, 2018
I tend to hoard things and realized a couple bats ago to start saving rh bat shipping boxes and reuse them when selling or warranty return.
So far so good.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2015
Usps has them for free, they are triangular. I forgot what they call them. You can walk in and ask or order them online. Put a little bubble wrap, paper, or something to keep it from moving around. Tape well, ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 14, 2019
Usps has them for free, they are triangular. I forgot what they call them. You can walk in and ask or order them online. Put a little bubble wrap, paper, or something to keep it from moving around. Tape well, ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and insure

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
If you are going to ship through USPS, they do have the free triangular shaped boxes (they also have the rectangular 36x3x3 boxes for 4 or 5 bucks) but be aware that you will be charged the regular rate of Priority shipping (11-15 depending on shipping distance) PLUS an additional $15 bc the box is over 30" long. This also only includes some insurance so youll need to pay for additional insurance on top of that.

If its not out of your way, the easiest thing to do is to pick up a box from the post office on your way home from work, then go on Pirate Ship and purchase a UPS label from there. Itll be $15 or more cheaper than going USPS (plus you have a greater chance of it arriving). Once the bat is packaged in the box, tape the printed label to the box and drop it off at a UPS store. Going through Pirate Ship will be roughly half the price of purchasing inside a UPS store and is always much cheaper than USPS. Plus their insurance rates are about half the price as well.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Caught this late, but your RA# is only valid for 10 days or something like that

Cheapest way to ship is ups...you can ship a bat and insure for less than half of what usps rips you off for

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478