She got in!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
So proud to announce that dd was just accepted into her top choice school!!! The waiting game was brutal, and the recruiting process for the NESCAC conference is not for the faint at heart, but oh so worth it in the end!!! So much fun to watch the other DFP posters go through this before us with their DD’s, and now so proud to be joining their ranks! Looking forward to 4 more years of softball!! 😊

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
CONGRATULATIONS! What a neat conference and some historical schools. Bowdoin College is the home of Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain who is one of my idols. For those who do not know him, watch the movie Gettysburg. That was only one battle he was in. He was one of the first people to win the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Nov 5, 2014
Congratulations!! Education was always my #1 goal in the recruiting process and you can't do any better than the NESCAC. I always thought DD might wind up there as well, she attends a private high school that typically sends 30+ kids to the NESCAC each year. A couple of her teammates are at Tufts now.

May 27, 2013
Thank you all so much!! If anyone with younger players is looking at the NESCAC schools and have questions about the recruiting process there, please feel free to reach out! Always willing to help!

Aug 11, 2016
Congratulations @Vertigo to you and your DD.

So, your DD and my DD will be playing against each other... unless your DD got accepted into Middlebury, then they will be playing as teammates.

My DD received her acceptance letter for Middlebury College this past Saturday as well (NESCAC). She had the same priorities, focusing on academics, and I agree that NESCAC is a great choice for that.

Which school is your DD going to?

Again, congratulations!!

Can’t wait to see them play at that level!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I know a catcher that just graduated from Amherst and another from Hamilton who came from DD's TB program. Current coach at Hamilton was recruiting DD pretty hard. She sent hand written notes, which was really nice and impressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802