September 1st

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I would be proud to just to be able to wear the T-shirt.

My DD told me that it would be very hard for her to put in all the work and not be able to significantly contribute. She also said, if she would have gone to any of the D1 schools that she was considering, she feels as though she would have quit based on other player's experiences. Of the 9 from her TB Sr graduating class, she is one of 2 still playing. It REALLY is a significant accomplishment to make it 4 years in ANY college sport.

DD will have had 4 Head Coaches to work with from the time of her verbal. Make sure the college is the right fit academically. If DD wasn't playing softball, she would have gone to UT-Austin and probably flunked out b/c of 6th Street!
Like I said, if it didn’t bother her it wouldn’t bother me. Of course I don’t really enjoy watching her play because of the narcissistic sociopath part..

A better situation for somebody like that would probably be a high academic D3 but 🤷🏽‍♂️

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Like I said, if it didn’t bother her it wouldn’t bother me. Of course I don’t really enjoy watching her play because of the narcissistic sociopath part..

A better situation for somebody like that would probably be a high academic D3 but 🤷🏽‍♂️
Carley Hoover played for Stanford her freshman year, and then transferred to LSU.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Did she get PT freshmen year? That was probably just a situation that she wanted to play for a better team...
She got injured. Gatorade POY 2013. Stanford was a pretty good team back in the day.

There was also some type of scandal going on where Coach Rittman got let go. Mike White's DD was on the team who's IP dwindled. Many ppl say Rittman was thrown under the bus. Now at Clemson doing well.

https://stanforddaily.com/2015/05/2...s-after-infighting-controversial-resignation/

Aug 5, 2022
I believe it’s more the self doubt than the ability. The programs are very similar in the way they are run. One program is in the sec, one in the acc. Definitely a difference in competition level between a mid pak sec school and a mid pak acc school. I believe she has solid opportunities to play her freshman year in both programs but obviously it will be harder in the sec program. I don’t know if you can read into much by the amount of athletic money offered but if you can it would seem that both programs expect her to be an impact player. Neither staff appear to be assholes…appear anyway lol. Neither staff appears to be heavy users from the transfer portal. The sec program regularly makes regionals and sometimes supers. The acc program is fighting to get there. Top 25 vs top 50 as far as RPI goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
This right here. This really isn't directed at OP, more so generalities.

If she is concerned with her abilities, I would be a little concerned. It could also be a case of Imposter's Syndrome. Kids will have self doubts, so do adults. BUT if she falls in the bottom half of the roster, she might be chasing foul balls the first year. Take a look at the team stats. Does the coach do a good job of getting all the players on the field and AB's? Or do they focus on the top 12 players?

Getting 35 AB's as a freshman non starter would be good. If you see a bunch of players with 5 AB's, and 12 Pinch Running opportunities...

With huge rosters, there's is a finite amount of playing time available. DD's roster has gone from 18 her freshman year to 31 this year. I have a feeling some players will be flushing out. One freshman kid hasn't even stepped on the field for ANY of the captain's practices.
What is that and why hasnt she step on the field?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I believe it’s more the self doubt than the ability. The programs are very similar in the way they are run. One program is in the sec, one in the acc. Definitely a difference in competition level between a mid pak sec school and a mid pak acc school. I believe she has solid opportunities to play her freshman year in both programs but obviously it will be harder in the sec program. I don’t know if you can read into much by the amount of athletic money offered but if you can it would seem that both programs expect her to be an impact player. Neither staff appear to be assholes…appear anyway lol. Neither staff appears to be heavy users from the transfer portal. The sec program regularly makes regionals and sometimes supers. The acc program is fighting to get there. Top 25 vs top 50 as far as RPI goes.

If she is good enough to go to a top 25 school (and apparently she is) she should not be lacking in confidence. To quote Sue Enquist," she has earned the right to be confident." (maybe even a little swaggy)
Would it be presumptuous (behavior perceived as arrogant, disrespectful, and transgressing the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.) for her to ask straight out, "hey Coach, where do you see me in the line up my freshman year?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
D3 school's only has a finite number of days with the coaches. Something like 21 days and they only get to play 21 innings. Usually 2 10 inning game on the same day. Because there is no coaching allowed, the team's hold "Captain's Practices" where upper classmen put together. They are voluntary but all reality there is an expectation that you make every effort to show up. The "truth" as to why this player hasn't shown up is unknown or at least not verified.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Would it be presumptuous (behavior perceived as arrogant, disrespectful, and transgressing the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.) for her to ask straight out, "hey Coach, where do you see me in the line up my freshman year?
I would think the coach imagines the freshman to push the older girls and fight for spots. I spoke to a coach a few years back concerning a freshman player, asking how she was doing. He said he had hoped that this player would have earned a starting spot and was disappointed she didn't.

Aug 5, 2022

Lots of mom guilt here but many years of an old school coach that only gave criticisms and never praise trying to keep her working hard I guess. Not a bad guy in intentions I don’t think but it’s just been in the last few months that have really realized how much it got to her. She’s the hardest working kid you’re ever going to meet with a competitive streak a mile wide it didn’t need to be that way. I should have protected her more than I did I think. She has a much different coaching situation now and is pursuing two schools that are in line with that feeling. You wouldn’t know it when she plays because she plays with a tremendous amount of passion and swag but once she steps off the field the doubt creeps in. Kills me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22