Running out of gas or running out of focus?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
For practice do a warm up & stretching then conditioning drills, get them good and tired, then practice fielding, hitting and throwing. It teaches them to play when tired and not to loose focus when tired. Some advised of good examples of what to do between games.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
For practice do a warm up & stretching then conditioning drills, get them good and tired, then practice fielding, hitting and throwing. It teaches them to play when tired and not to loose focus when tired. Some advised of good examples of what to do between games.

We do work them hard in warm ups at practice to get them on the edge to fight through the tired. Def seems to help but I don't know if that's good for before games. Especially like this weekend when it was 90 and 90% humidity.

Thanks again for the discussion.

Oct 19, 2009
We do work them hard in warm ups at practice to get them on the edge to fight through the tired. Def seems to help but I don't know if that's good for before games. Especially like this weekend when it was 90 and 90% humidity.

Thanks again for the discussion.

I was not referring to before game warm up, but during practice to expose them to game like conditions when they seem to loose focus.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
We really don't have a lot of options. We were in the winners bracket all day Saturday until we lost the last game. But it was the last game of the day anyway. I thought it was odd to run the schedule that way but that's how it goes when you're battling the weather. We've done it in 8u as well. Not the ideal set up.

Yeah, I hear you. But who organizes these things? Play a doubleheader once a week and call it good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore