Runners on first and third, 10u travel ball. Last year we threw to 4 then to 2 with a tag out then to 4. Totally different year. Opinions please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2021
Runners on 1st and 3rd and of course I hate allowing the easy steal. Last year we’d have 2nd move up a little with ss selling it and go directly to home or tag and look her back to 3rd. This year (it’s early) but my 2nd is not at all ready. I’ve done it before with the ss but your opinions please. My better 2nd is a soccer star so won’t have her til this winter. Btw

Feb 1, 2021
He has a lot in the title:
"Runners on first and third, 10u travel ball. Last year we threw to 4 then to 2 with a tag out then to 4. Totally different year. Opinions please"

Feb 1, 2021
Runners on 1st and 3rd and of course I hate allowing the easy steal. Last year we’d have 2nd move up a little with ss selling it and go directly to home or tag and look her back to 3rd. This year (it’s early) but my 2nd is not at all ready. I’ve done it before with the ss but your opinions please. My better 2nd is a soccer star so won’t have her til this winter. Btw
If you are doing this is 10u, pat yourself on the back. You have some warriors.

Sep 10, 2021
We’re going to the ss so the other team sends there lead runner abd then going home to get her out.

May 10, 2021
I have seen many plays put on.

I would concentrate on throwing runners out at 2nd if you have the talent. Many runners stand up not expecting a throw etc.... Do that twice in a game the running stops.

3 basic plays:
1. Throw thru to 2nd
2. C pump fakes to 2nd and then comes back to 3rd
3. Throw from C is cut off by 2b or SS and then relayed home.
4. I have seen the P cut off the throw as well.

Just my 2 cents

Sep 10, 2021
My first post, sounds like I screwed it up according to you all, lol, thanks anyway. I’m getting more tech savvy every day

Sep 10, 2021
I have seen many plays put on.

I would concentrate on throwing runners out at 2nd if you have the talent. Many runners stand up not expecting a throw etc.... Do that twice in a game the running stops.

3 basic plays:
1. Throw thru to 2nd
2. C pump fakes to 2nd and then comes back to 3rd
3. Throw from C is cut off by 2b or SS and then relayed home.
4. I have seen the P cut off the throw as well.

Just my 2 cents
Thank you, I’ve been coaching for about ten years and seen a lot with my twenty year old daughter but now I’m back to tenu and trying to make it simple but hate giving up an easy steal. Can’t stand it

May 1, 2018
At 10u you are going to give up the steal or the score.... it's just gonna happen. You can make a hard throw to the SS or 2nd i'm still sending the girl on first but now she is stopping half way before continuing and the run is scoring. We have talked about catcher's throwing out runners at second here and the stats are not in your favor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802