Rotation?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
TDS

Do you believe you stride to a 50/50
position and rotate from there?

Shawn, 50/50, 60/40 etc. It really doesn't matter as long as the rear leg/hip isn't compromised. So the shift creates the stretch across the middle and the contraction is the swing.

Jun 3, 2021
289nate

That isn’t the reality of hitting. Style is one thing, knowing exactly what your teaching is another thing.

In Mankin’s latest dvd, John says a hitter he is coaching in the dvd, swing will clean itself up as he gets older. The reality is the swing sucks and it will continue to suck.

I get that. But knowing exactly what you're teaching needs to take into account the individual you’re trying to teach and what they may be struggling with at that time. The arrogance of thinking that one philosophy and set of drills for hitting is the correct one for all players is irrational.

It also cracks me up how people come up with so many fancy ways to explain the same thing. But in truth sometimes saying the same thing in a different way helps it to click with certain individuals. And as a young player I certainly would’ve paid better attention if somebody was saying some thing in a way that was new to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2