Rope bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2019
how heavy is the 'thing' on the end of the rope opposite the handle? What is it made out of?
It's basically a foam cylinder (a little more dense than say a pool noodle) surrounded by some heavy duty plastic shrink wrap. It's not too heavy, but it can sting if you hit yourself with it, lol.

Jun 20, 2015
get yourself an old alum bat, cut it off above grip. drill hole thru end cap. Take old softball, drill hole thru. Take 1/2'' rope thru bat handle, thru ball. knots at both ends. ta-da. rope bat for about $10.

Aug 8, 2016
I don't know if I would recommend putting a ball on the end of a rope. From what I have seen, most girls hit themselves in the back with this. A ball is going to do some damage over time

Jun 20, 2015
I don't know if I would recommend putting a ball on the end of a rope. From what I have seen, most girls hit themselves in the back with this. A ball is going to do some damage over time
with correct finish and rope length being adjustable, impact on any player's back is minimal at best. It's a few swings type item anyway, not 500reps per day. Helmet on and swing away.

Sep 29, 2022
The rope bat is not a full-length swinging bat. Understand the contact part is the sweet spot and can help tremendously with casting and staying inside the ball. Highly recommend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802