Rope bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2015
Anyone ever used the rope bat? If so, how did you like it or how did the girls like it? Was it a good hitting tool to invest in? Thanks

Oct 4, 2018
Everyone on our team swung over the ball, laughed, then went back to hitting bombs with a regular bat.

Nov 18, 2015

Feb 14, 2019
Anyone ever used the rope bat? If so, how did you like it or how did the girls like it? Was it a good hitting tool to invest in? Thanks
We use one periodically when DDs swing gets a little long and loopy just to help her get a better feel for what the top half should be doing, then we go back to her regular bat. She HATES when she smacks herself in the back with it on the follow through, lol. I honestly had higher hopes for its usefulness, but it's definitely not the worst $30 I've spent on softball junk...

Jun 20, 2015
it forces players to stay inside the ball and take front elbow to the ball. Virtually impossible to hit ball forward if coming around the ball or rolling hands over.

Jan 28, 2017
Made one along time ago. You can make them cheap. Didn't use it much but not a bad tool if cheap.

Jan 25, 2022
A friend made one for his daughter, who is a high level player. They use it a lot, and she's a .500 hitter.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
If you buy one, you have to create a solid handle. The way the hands work require it. If not there isn’t good transfer to the ropes/barrel.

Note, I have an older model. Not sure about the handle now. They improved it. Mine was just clear tubing, not enough stiffness to turn the upper ropes barrel well.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2016
I have a newer model. After about 6 months of light use, the handle is starting to get a bit out of shape, but still very usable. We mainly use it to control her casting when it starts creeping back into her swing. I think it does a good job of getting her to feel it and get it back under control.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23