Rope Bat reviews. Yay or Nay?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 26, 2022
Here is a free drill to greatly improve your swing. Stride to toe touch, and pull the back elbow like a bow. At toe touch, make sure the rear forearm is flat. the bat head is pointed up, and your front knee is very bent. Guaranteed or your money back.
Is that a 1 handed drill? Do they swing or just land in the position and stop? Is this working on correcting bat drag?

Nov 18, 2015
Two-handed drill.

It’s the end of the “style” part of the swing, and the beginning of the “substance”.

It’s not necessary for everyone to look the same before this part of the swing, but most good hitters get to that position before launching the barrel.

Sheffield with his bat wiggle, Youkalis (iirc) with his hands by his ears - they all get to a bent front leg, flat(ish) rear forearm, and a front shoulder tilted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
View attachment 28011
Two-handed drill.

It’s the end of the “style” part of the swing, and the beginning of the “substance”.

It’s not necessary for everyone to look the same before this part of the swing, but most good hitters get to that position before launching the barrel.

Sheffield with his bat wiggle, Youkalis (iirc) with his hands by his ears - they all get to a bent front leg, flat(ish) rear forearm, and a front shoulder tilted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Methodologies have never worked throughout a team or organization. There are few absolutes. A certain position at toe touch is not universal.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I very much disagree with that. They're not all exactly identical (though some really do appear to be), but I see a lot more than chest positioning.

Please name a few. They’re all very different from front foot positioning to bat ‘tips’. Knees and hand positioning is very different for all as well. The chest is the only absolute within all.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I'll take 'Myths from 1999' for $200 Alex.

I’ll take ‘fake hitting instruction from 2004’ for 400$ Alex.

Saying you need to get to an athletic position to hit from is universal and pretty obvious. But that position is due to the pitch and the hitters balance/timing. Training positions is bad for a hitter, plain and simple. Back elbows vary, knee flexion varies etc. etc. what folks need to train is functionality and sequencing. So the hitter knows what does what and when they do what they do. But if the hands are trained correctly most things fall into place. Hand and bat path will move the body. Hence why all pros work on their hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee