Rise ball questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I don't want to pick on this kid but check out her screwball and curveball and look for movement. There are some views with the ball coming right at the camera.

Jul 31, 2019
You don’t have to step left.
For me, I don’t refer to the pitch unless you are using “traditional” step left, throw right, thumb out mechanics to work the ball back into a RHH. But then again, I don’t like to teach that pitch either. I prefer using grip changes, pressure points and fastball mechanics to run the ball down and in to a RHH.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I don't want to pick on this kid but check out her screwball and curveball and look for movement. There are some views with the ball coming right at the camera.

Not sure how old she might be but there are a lot of teams that would take her in a hot minute. The screw ball gets a bad name. Ok, so lets drop the name screw ball and call it the gyro angle ball. When thrown as first pitch of an AB and the hitter fouls is off her ankle, it was effective.
On further review, her CB sucks (as most do) and is probably the pitch that gets hammered. Any flat CB is the most hittable pitch. Stick to the DB.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478