reverting to last inning's score

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Wow thats pretty intense I get trying to play everyone but equally too? I guess thats not too bad at a low level but 4 runs per inning? (why not just have a run rule?). I guess player age is part of the scope but seems pretty watered down for sure =/
It allows you let multiple girls get a taste of pitching because you know the worst you can do is give up x# of runs and move on.
Remember rec in areas where there is a fair amount of travel ball really is about development and not really about winning with your best 9.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
So if a team continues to play hard and score runs after a 10 run lead it's acceptable to throw at the kids ribs? Seems like people's priorities are mixed up.

One season in rec, DD pitched her first no hit shutout. Should I have told her to let up and let a few batters get on base so she doesn't embarrass the other team? Why punish the kids that work hard to achieve some success on the field because someone may get their feelings hurt. The other issue as a coach was I never really was comfortable with a lead even if it was by several runs so I always taught my girls to play hard until the last out. Maybe it's a character flaw of mine, I don't know?
No you don't let your girls "take it easy" but in rec if you are clearly out classing a team and up by 10, you can have your players step off to end the inning. If you can't protect a 10 run lead, you probably don't deserve to win anyway.