Recruitment eyes still on 2021's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
THIS was great to hear about.
At the pgf qualifier last weekend.
Apparently recruitment eye's for D1 are still actively watching. As i heard of D1 approaching a coach for a player. Actively persuing her recruitment. 2021 senior.

For D2 & D3's this wouldnt surprise me, recruiting in senior year.
With the D1 extended ncaa granting 5 eligible years...
This stood out to me...

Glad to hear there are some D1 schools still looking AND actively watching this years 2021 h.s. graduates.

Any other late in year D1 recruitment activity of seniors?

May 6, 2015
but it is making us 2022 parents (albeit in another sport) grumble. and this year seniors deciding if they are returning or not is making it very hard for 2021s undecided to make decisions.... which makes it hard for 2022s to decide where to narrow focus..... this whole 5th year thing is just creating a giant s*&$ show and the repercussions (sic) will be felt for years.

Apr 16, 2013
This is great to hear. Now... to see their camps open up. My DD is still an undecided '21. She has multiple offers (Juco, D2, D3) but none are the schools she's interested in. There are 2 very local D1s that she wants to end up at, even if she starts somewhere else her freshman year. Last year DESTROYED her recruiting hopes. She had several camps lined up, one a pretty big D1 that had invited her. Probably still too late for that school now, but it'd be nice to get a camp in just to make sure that coach knows to watch her early college career.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
This is great to hear. Now... to see their camps open up. My DD is still an undecided '21. She has multiple offers (Juco, D2, D3) but none are the schools she's interested in. There are 2 very local D1s that she wants to end up at, even if she starts somewhere else her freshman year. Last year DESTROYED her recruiting hopes. She had several camps lined up, one a pretty big D1 that had invited her. Probably still too late for that school now, but it'd be nice to get a camp in just to make sure that coach knows to watch her early college career.
If she has an eye on one for the future a JUCO is not a bad way to go. DD had a JUCO offer and a couple fo DI's that wanted to see her one more summer going into last spring. She fell in lve with the JUCO and committed in February. Good decision not to wait until the summer on her part. Those schools will still be there in a couple of years while her future home is sitting 40-3 with a ton of talent coming in with her and a year behind her.

Jul 14, 2018
This is great to hear. Now... to see their camps open up. My DD is still an undecided '21.

Ryzer is a website that a lot of colleges use to manage registration for their camps. I signed up for alerts when new ones are posted on the east coast and I have noticed an uptick in activity in the last week or so. DD1 is a NARP with an in-person tour scheduled in two weeks. Things are opening up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28