Recruiting - how much does coach watch you play?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
In my opinion, I think private D3s are "encouraged" to carry large rosters by the administration.
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DD’s private college team carried 15 last year. I think this year they will have 18. I’ll admit 15 was a little tough because it seemed like every week they had team members who couldn’t play due to + Covid tests but 18 seems like a good number for them.

Nov 15, 2019
Speaking of large rosters, I have seen multiple small schools that are offering JV teams. I can't remember if they were D3s or NAIA's, but schools with 1200-1800 kids having 40-50 kids split between varsity and jv

Dec 6, 2019
In my opinion, I think private D3s are "encouraged" to carry large rosters by the administration. There is a girl on the travel ball team who is hitting .150 for the fall season and just committed to a middle tier D3. According to her, the coach really likes her and really wanted her. You are correct half of the girls on the schools that carry a large roster will not see any significant playing time and a very high percentage will not stuck with it through 4 years.
I just looked through the 2023 rosters for several schools and only VWU had less that 25 on their roster.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Some schools actually give coaches a bonus for each kid above a certain number that they roster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802