Rear elbow/forearm

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
What this demonstrates the most is there is more than one way to skin a cat. This hitter also has a little of the ABAF move too which is not allowed in the HL swing. LOL. Wait, is she STB? ( I know she is not)
BUT she has brutally strong legs and core, bats are extremely hot and the fences are 200 feet. There is a lot of good stuff happening in this swing too. Hand and shoulders stay connected, head/eyes stays still after heel down and she whips the shirt out of it. Who is it and what's her stat line?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Efastball

Here is one swing and I’ll add to it as we discuss bat drag.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Tell me if this is bat drag in your opinion. Beside the elbow and hand relationship why is this bat drag, if you call it bat drag.

Oct 2, 2017
Efastball

Here is one swing and I’ll add to it as we discuss bat drag.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Tell me if this is bat drag in your opinion. Beside the elbow and hand relationship why is this bat drag, if you call it bat drag.

The bold I feel is where the confusion always creeps in with these discussions. While severe "elbow drag" often has a player dragging the bat, It is not to be interchanged with the term "Bat Drag". What Efast always points out is often like the swing in question, not BAT DRAG, but Elbow drag. Just IMO LOL

Jun 8, 2016
The bold I feel is where the confusion always creeps in with these discussions. While severe "elbow drag" often has a player dragging the bat, It is not to be interchanged with the term "Bat Drag". What Efast always points out is often like the swing in question, not BAT DRAG, but Elbow drag. Just IMO LOL
Ok, in that case what visual bat path checkpoints are we using to define bat drag? Bat stays lagged too long?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802